Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Whats the longest into a pregnancy you have waited to announce?

I am 14 weeks today and so far my family still doesnt know lol

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Replies (31-40):
Brandy85412
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:07 PM

I was 14 weeks when I told everybody. Most of my family knew before that.

cpflum08
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Lol me too

Quoting kiki2382:

I've never waited. I always spill the beans the day I find out...lol.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:12 PM

17-20 weeks.

NDFanatik
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Err...  1 day after the test?  lol  I make sure that my husband and my mom know and after they know I spill the beans to EVERYONE and their momma. 

VintageWife
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I told right away with my first, soon with the second, but waited with the third because I knew not everyone was supportive.

VintageWife
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:45 PM

With the next, I'm waiting till after I know the gender (if we decide to find out).

Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's silly and rude when people are upset about not finding out as soon as they would like to. It's not their news or their business.

I've been accused several times of not being excited about the baby because I wait "so long" to announce (20 wks with the first, 12 with the second). It's kind of hurtful that people make that assumption when really I just like having my privacy, freedom to be pregnant without other people's expectations or opinions, and don't have a need or desire to tell people immediately.

Quoting Sarah725:

My cousin is 22 weeks and has only told close family.  She lives far away so no one else knows. I think that's too long, I think people will be mad they didn't know soonier.

larissalarie
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree!! Anyone who's upset that you didn't tell them about YOUR pregnancy on THEIR timetable is selfish and immature.

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

I think it's silly and rude when people are upset about not finding out as soon as they would like to. It's not their news or their business.

I've been accused several times of not being excited about the baby because I wait "so long" to announce (20 wks with the first, 12 with the second). It's kind of hurtful that people make that assumption when really I just like having my privacy, freedom to be pregnant without other people's expectations or opinions, and don't have a need or desire to tell people immediately.

Quoting Sarah725:

My cousin is 22 weeks and has only told close family.  She lives far away so no one else knows. I think that's too long, I think people will be mad they didn't know soonier.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:42 PM

We always announce immediately.. we cannot wait to share our joyous news! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

KSK0811
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I waited until 17 weeks to publicly announce this pregnancy, but told my family and coworkers as soon as I got my bfp. I can't ever keep it quiet!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN