Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

delayed shots

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:37 PM
  • 9 Replies
So i know i want to delay vax there is just no way im giving my two mth old that many shots at once an then i read the get one seasonly. After age one excuse my ignorance

How did you delay.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

We used the Dr sears schedule and deleted some like Flu and will never go gardasil

Terpsichore
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:29 PM

DH is in the healthcare field, so we felt it best to vaccinate fully and not delay until 2 years. What we did decide was no more than one aluminum-containing shot per visit, and to try to limit number of diseases vaccinated against per visit. Many insurances cover immunication-only visits at no co-pay. I've only gone up to 5 years. 

Birth-Hep B shot. I hadn't had a chance to educate myself on vaccines yet.  

2mo, 4mo, 6mo: Pentacel (DTaP, HIB, Polio combo-shot). Not all combo shots are available everywhere.

3mo, 5mo, 7mo (shot-only visits): Pneumococcal , Rotavirus

9mo: HepA OR HepB

12mo: HIB, Pneumococcal

15mo: DTaP

18mo, 24 mo, 2yr, 3yr: HepA or HepB until caught up

4-5yr: Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Chickenpox before going to school

5yr: booster shot DTaP, Polio

flu shots do not contain aluminum.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Any shots I would have gotten would have been one at a time starting after the second birthday because t takes two years for the blood brain barrier to develop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaddiefrass
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Bump!
nicole2884
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Do you have a link or a book suggestion

Ive never heard about blood barriers

Quoting jellyphish:

Any shots I would have gotten would have been one at a time starting after the second birthday because t takes two years for the blood brain barrier to develop.
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:56 PM
It's been so long since I've researched. The vaccine book talks about it I think. Other than that I'd suggest looking at the choosing not to vax group, they'll have lots of info and resources for you.

Quoting nicole2884:

Do you have a link or a book suggestion

Ive never heard about blood barriers

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:16 PM

No delays here. I see no point. The bad part of the vaccines build up in our bodies so delaying it to me is not really doing much. We just stopped altogether.

nicole2884
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Ya i just read the seven different types if vaccines an ut scared me

Did you have a hard time finding a doctor for your kids

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

No delays here. I see no point. The bad part of the vaccines build up in our bodies so delaying it to me is not really doing much. We just stopped altogether.

notjstanothrmom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's really crappy that no matter what we face a scary choice. There is no REAL studies being done. You have the one end where you vaccinate to prevent your kid from getting something but you have all these possible side effects, tons that aren't even explored, some we may not even know or think about. Then on the other hand you have not vaccinating at all and facing (while rare) the chance of them catching something, perhaps one of the worse things and being really sick.

I personally feel after all the research I've done, I would rather take that small chance at catching something which I know we can act on and test quickly because they aren't vaccinated (where vaccinated kids wouldn't even be tested for something if they caught it because of the immunization) then inject them with stuff that I know has adverse effects whether I see it now or not. Who knows what role the heavy metals and other things play in brain development or even in cancer risk later?

I just wish profit would be pushed aside and we could do REAL tests on these vaccines.

Quoting nicole2884:

Ya i just read the seven different types if vaccines an ut scared me

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)