Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Giveaway: 'Random Acts of Kindness'-WIN a CafeMom Shopping Tote

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:48 AM
  • 132 Replies
1 mom liked this

February 17 is Random Acts of Kindness Day, but we're celebrating all month long!

Tell us ways you have shown random acts of kindness or ways you've seen others show random acts of kindness.

bunch of roses holding balloons rose in mouth

Reply with one act of kindness at a time. 
The more times you reply, the more times you enter to win a CafeMom Shopping Tote!!

One member who replies to this post by February 28th at 11pm will be chosen at random to win a CafeMom Shopping Tote!

The Official Rules

• The 'Random Acts of Kindness' Giveaway starts 2/1/13 at 8am (ET) and ends 2/28/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period".
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Shopping Tote
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 3/7/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

YOu know I should do some random acts, I am pretty bad about just helping out when I know people need it but I dont call it random.  I am part of a meal train for a family of 7 whose youngest member is in the NICU far from home.

funhappymom
by Representative on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I once had a cup of coffee paid for by the person in front of me in line at a dunkin donuts.

funhappymom
by Representative on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I paid for a cup of coffee for a person behind me in line at a dunkin donuts.

funhappymom
by Representative on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I think anymore, opening the door for someone is considered a random act of kindness. Not many people do that anymore.

907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:24 PM
I let people go ahead of me in the grocery line and open doors all the time.
Recently I helped a girl in our play get her harp home.
At the beginning of the show this girl plays the harp while people are getting seated etc and she helps out backstage with costume changes and stuff.. Last weekend it was so cold ( we live in Alaska & it was close to 20 below) the handle for her cargo door broke off and she could not get her harp in her vehicle. So I followed her home with the harp in my Jeep.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
isaacsmommy68
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Me and my 10 year old work the food pantry at our church. I wear my baby and he "helps" too.
xboybrksgrlx
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Every third Saturday of the month I volunteer at a food and clothing drive for the homeless. I spend every month collecting as much clothes and blankets from as many people, friends, family, etc. as I can.
Im-HiDdEn
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I drive my mother in law to her physical theraphy every Friday.

toybar02
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:51 PM
this guy was trying to hail a cab but they wouldnt stop for him so i jumped in front of him, showed a little leg and got a cab to stop and put him in it lol, i was laughing hysterically after i saw the cab drivers face when he realized it wasnt for me lol ( priceless)
toybar02
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this
i gave a homeless man on the train a brand new sweatsuit outfit, i felt bad for him and it was cold, i just wanted him to be warm
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN