Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Snacks for LO's

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:38 PM
  • 11 Replies

What are your go-to healthy snacks for LO's? DD is 11 months and is constantly asking for food all of a sudden. I still nurse her a million times a day, whenever she asks. I guess she is just really excited about food now. Or maybe she really does need a little more in her tummy now that she's more active. I need some good ideas for food that she can have throughout the day. I was letting her have some organic Cheerios knock-offs since it's such an easy and mess-free food (until I step on them lol), but her Eczema has gotten bad all of a sudden and I think it may be a wheat sensitivity. Thanks for your suggestions!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Fruits, yogurts, peas (my kids live frozen peas), im assuming you want gluten free.....dairy free too? Eggs?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I always liked those mesh things in the store where you can put fruit in and they can chew and suck on it but you don't have to worry about them choking.

mjrex87
by Mindy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Peas are a good idea. I'm trying to find things she can eat on the go because she's all over the place now! I don't want to make her sit in her high chair every time she wants a snack because I'm always eating on the go too, kwim? I haven't done dairy yet. She seems to have a sensitive digestive system so I'm holding off on that.

Quoting Precious333:

Fruits, yogurts, peas (my kids live frozen peas), im assuming you want gluten free.....dairy free too? Eggs?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:18 PM

totally understand! I didn't do dairy until later either. There are almond, coconut or soy based yogurts as well. Also dairy based yogurt digests very differently than other dairy products. Dr. Sears says instead of brat diet, that you can do the braty diet (bananas, rice, apple sauce, toast and yogurt) when you have stomach issues. If you are not wanting dairy based yogurt, than the other ones are good :) We didn't do much of highchairs either until much later as well. For the eggs, you can hard boil the eggs and give just the yolk :)

Quoting mjrex87:

Peas are a good idea. I'm trying to find things she can eat on the go because she's all over the place now! I don't want to make her sit in her high chair every time she wants a snack because I'm always eating on the go too, kwim? I haven't done dairy yet. She seems to have a sensitive digestive system so I'm holding off on that.

Quoting Precious333:

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:37 PM

my guy could do apple slices at 11 months can yours?

mjrex87
by Mindy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Thanks for all the info! It's very helpful!

Quoting Precious333:

totally understand! I didn't do dairy until later either. There are almond, coconut or soy based yogurts as well. Also dairy based yogurt digests very differently than other dairy products. Dr. Sears says instead of brat diet, that you can do the braty diet (bananas, rice, apple sauce, toast and yogurt) when you have stomach issues. If you are not wanting dairy based yogurt, than the other ones are good :) We didn't do much of highchairs either until much later as well. For the eggs, you can hard boil the eggs and give just the yolk :)

Quoting mjrex87:

Quoting Precious333:

sj3starz
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Steamed carrot sticks worked really well when my dd was that age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjrex87
by Mindy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I haven't tried yet. She only has two bottom teeth, Idk if she could bite into them yet. But I may try some chunks in a mesh feeder.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

DS loved applesauce.  We purchased cups of organic (comes in a package with 1/2 plain and 1/2 with cinnamon) from Costco then DS would drink the thick applesauce using a straw...

Brandy85412
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I just found out that breaburn apples are soft enough for my dd to eat better then other kinds.

Quoting mjrex87:

I haven't tried yet. She only has two bottom teeth, Idk if she could bite into them yet. But I may try some chunks in a mesh feeder.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)