Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

its none of my business

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:35 AM
  • 20 Replies
But I can't help but be sad to find out my best friend is being induced on Sunday per her decision. She's only 40 weeks and 4 days right now and ALREADY TWO CM. Dilated!! That's way "better" than I was and I let myself go into labor naturally and ended up with my perfect birth, no tearing etc. She's becoming impatient wihich we can all understand but I don't think she's being rational. To make matters worse, in my opinion, she has no idea when her last period is making her due date her "due date". It's none of my business I'm just very hopeful for things to run smoothly and her to progress on her on before unnecessary measures induce her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saral2790
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:13 AM

Why don't you ask her to go to the mall or somewhere where she has to walk a lot? Lol

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:19 AM

HUGS momma I know how that is

BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:32 AM
That is rough! Sometimes the hardest thing to do is bite your tongue to save a relationship. I'd say the best thing to do is just be there for her when she needs you. It's doubtful you'd be able to change her mind but she'll remember your support.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Eh, it's sad, but she is going to be about a week past her due date then (and due dates are always "due dates", weather you know your last period for sure or not), at least she gave it that long. It's 37 & 38 week inductions that really anger & sadden me, although I never like the idea of anyone being induced.

And just so you know, being 2 cm isn't "better" than anything. Many pregnant women that allow vaginal exams will tell you that they are dilated 2 cm from the time they do the vaginal exam when they do the GBS swab at 32/34 weeks. And others will go for a check-up and be nothing and have the baby later that night.
I allowed VE with my first and was dilated 3cm all the way back at 32ish weeks (she was born at 38 weeks)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LLbaby143
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I agree actually. I was over 40 weeks and 0cms even after being in active labor for 10 hrs. I know there's no "normal" but I just feel like she's in such great standing that its sad she is wanting induction so bad. I guess that's what I meant.

Quoting larissalarie:

Eh, it's sad, but she is going to be about a week past her due date then (and due dates are always "due dates", weather you know your last period for sure or not), at least she gave it that long. It's 37 & 38 week inductions that really anger & sadden me, although I never like the idea of anyone being induced.

And just so you know, being 2 cm isn't "better" than anything. Many pregnant women that allow vaginal exams will tell you that they are dilated 2 cm from the time they do the vaginal exam when they do the GBS swab at 32/34 weeks. And others will go for a check-up and be nothing and have the baby later that night.
I allowed VE with my first and was dilated 3cm all the way back at 32ish weeks (she was born at 38 weeks)

larissalarie
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Yeah, she does, it IS too bad she won't just give it another week! I really wish induction wasn't an option until 42 weeks. Sadly most of my friends schedule one at the 37 week appointment, so I'm always happy to see someone wait until after their due date. But it's like you want to shake them and say: "you waited this long, don't quit now!!!"

Quoting LLbaby143:

I agree actually. I was over 40 weeks and 0cms even after being in active labor for 10 hrs. I know there's no "normal" but I just feel like she's in such great standing that its sad she is wanting induction so bad. I guess that's what I meant.

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LLbaby143
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Lolexactly. But can't change the world I guess . :/

Quoting larissalarie:

Yeah, she does, it IS too bad she won't just give it another week! I really wish induction wasn't an option until 42 weeks. Sadly most of my friends schedule one at the 37 week appointment, so I'm always happy to see someone wait until after their due date. But it's like you want to shake them and say: "you waited this long, don't quit now!!!"

Quoting LLbaby143:

Quoting larissalarie:

Beliciasmommy
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:40 PM
I heard that you can't carry the baby over 42 weeks without being induced is that true? I don't know why your friend is rushing the baby will be there no matter what in no time :) I feel as all women should wait it out even of they go past their expected "due date"
Magnolia7
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

You can most certainly carry a baby past 42 weeks.  However, an OB will often tell you that they aren't going to "let" or "allow" you to go past 40-42 weeks. The pressure will be on most certainly!  They will find a reason to tell you that your baby is in danger and needs out now, whether accurate or not.

The thing is that due dates are still such an estimate!  Even the most experienced birth attendant cannot tell a women when she actually conceived.  So they could estimate you at 42 weeks, but really you're at 39 or 40, etc.

Quoting Beliciasmommy:

I heard that you can't carry the baby over 42 weeks without being induced is that true? I don't know why your friend is rushing the baby will be there no matter what in no time :) I feel as all women should wait it out even of they go past their expected "due date"

mommathea
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I've had friend induced or scheduled c-sections at 38,39wks and you'd swear they were premies. Tiny little things with no baby fat at all, skn and bones. Completely covered n vernex, behind in development when they were older.  I feel so bad for those babies. So much brain development goes on I the safety of the womb that happens much slower outside. Babies need to cook until they are done, not the mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)