Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

calcium and magnesium for after birth pains

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:55 PM
  • 2 Replies

I just read that ttaking these at the end of pregnancy and daily after birth will get rid of them! Anyone ever tried this? I had such horrible pains with my second i was taking like 16ibprofins a day!!! Id really love a natural way to relieve the pain.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Rlambert6002
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

It would probably work as magnesium is a muscle relaxant....I'm not sure about the calcium, but I do know that taking large amounts of magnesium will deplete calcium so maybe that's something advised to prevent ill effects from the mag. The only scenario in which I would advise against it would be if you've given birth numerous times...that increases your risk of hemmoraging....and since those afterbirth pains are actually your uterus contracting which helps minimize bleeding they aren't something you'd want to eliminate. That's just my own personal opinion as far as taking it.

Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll let you know in a month; I've been taking it throughout my pregnancy and am 37 weeks :) It's been awesome so far for round ligament pain (I've had none compared to extremely painful ones during my first pregnancy), leg cramps, and insomnia.

I've heard *great* recommendations for Afterease tincture too. http://www.preciousarrows.com/After_Ease_Extract_p/40020.htm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)