Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay so around 1250 this afternoon I woke up from a nap and my pants were a little wet and so was I , it didn't really smell like pee but im not sure , I put a pad on and checked it a little bit ago it wasn't soaking wet but had a little bit of mucosy dishcharge it was clear , could my water have broken or no ? Thanks guys
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
Cynthje
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like the mucus plug to me,you can actually lose it over a period of time and have it regenerate.

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Yup! I lost mine for 3 weeks!

Quoting Cynthje:

Sounds like the mucus plug to me,you can actually lose it over a period of time and have it regenerate.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Quoting larissalarie: That's not sad, it's good!! You aren't due for 18 more days, baby's brain volume increases by a third in the last three weeks :-)
Quoting TeenMommyToBe7: No sadly but she said the baby is coming soon.

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:40 PM

It might also have been a hindleak - the amniotic sac is made of two layers and sometimes the outer layer gets a small tear and a little gush of fluid comes out. It'll usually reattach itself and the pregnancy will continue. This sounds more like mucus plug though.

Our babies will have close birthdays - my EDD is Feb 21 :)

TeenMommyToBe7
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Quoting Mrs.Salz:

It might also have been a hindleak - the amniotic sac is made of two layers and sometimes the outer layer gets a small tear and a little gush of fluid comes out. It'll usually reattach itself and the pregnancy will continue. This sounds more like mucus plug though.

what are you having ? and it turned out i was leaking fluid but everything is fine
TeenMommyToBe7
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Quoting larissalarie:

I know its just im so big and uncomfortable and sick of being pregnant , and discouraged cause ny doctor keeps saying like oh the baby xill be here anyday
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Every pregnant woman on the planet is big & uncomfortable at the end. That dosen't mean baby should be rushed, you can practice your great Mommy skills now by being patient and wanting what's very best for baby in spite of your own wants :-)

It helps very much to change your mindset and mentally prepare to be pregnant at least til your due date. Just doing that instead of being impatient and wishing for labor everyday makes a HUGE difference to how you feel. Mindset is like 90% of things

Lastly it also helps to know that doctors are full of crap when they say it's gonna be "anyday now" There it's absolutely NO WAY to tell if a woman is about to go into labor ahead of time.

Quoting TeenMommyToBe7:

Quoting larissalarie:

I know its just im so big and uncomfortable and sick of being pregnant , and discouraged cause ny doctor keeps saying like oh the baby xill be here anyday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mitzi31
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:33 AM

When mine broke I'd sat down to pee cause I did actually have to pee but when I was done peeing I wasn't done leaking. Mine was pretty much a gush. It didn't stop till I gave birth 11 hours later. If you didn't physically pee I would assume it's your water... unless you have a weak bladder with is unlikely.

Good luck! Congrats on new baby! :-D

Mitzi31
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Awesome, I learned something too. :-) More information for next baby! :-)

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with Larissa.

Pregnancy is a great scarifice. Letting baby come on its own time is a gift to your little one :)

It could be today, tommorow or not for another 4 weeks. So just relax. Try to enjoy what you can and don't focus on when baby will come :)

Oh and if you do think your water breaks hang home, relax, nap, clean etc, labor will start eventually and if you rush to the hospital you'll be placed on the clock (and you def don't want that!!!!)

Keep us posted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)