Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

meeting midwife tomorrow little update

Posted by   + Show Post
So wish me luck! We are meeting mostly to work out finances, thats the only concern.

Update:
I met with the midwife today and loved her!!! She said she willl talk her her dh about how much she can discount but also recommended that i continue to meet with midwives as well (shw listed a few) ans mentioned that some reallu will work with our financial situation. We actually talked for hours and it was so refreshing that she really spent the time with me and is so willing to help. So we will see.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Replies (11-15):
BaileysMom9
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:06 AM

That's so wonderful :)  I'm glad you have found someone to at least help guide you through this process of finding a midwife, even if it doesn't end up being her.  She sounds wonderful.  If only all women could have a supportive, understanding midwife to accompany them through their pregnancy/birth. 

Precious333
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Yeah,she was givinh me sort of tge inside scoup on widwifery too in this area. She is a midwife in orange county, ca and im in la county, she also use tl be a midwife in arizona (much better state for midwives). She was telling me about legalities and the state, and how there are midwives who really gather together to support eachother, but alsi very competitive midwives as well. She has never hesitated to give me a referral in the several years i have known her....and has been loved my many of her clients.

Quoting BaileysMom9:

That's so wonderful :)  I'm glad you have found someone to at least help guide you through this process of finding a midwife, even if it doesn't end up being her.  She sounds wonderful.  If only all women could have a supportive, understanding midwife to accompany them through their pregnancy/birth. 

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds positive keep positive vibes going and who knows what the world will send your way

Precious333
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:31 AM
She was pretty confident i would get a homebirth as well. She has 10 kids and said or one of them she didnt have a midwide friday night, a friend midwife called her and asked is she needed a midwife and she went into labor the nexy day!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Sounds positive keep positive vibes going and who knows what the world will send your way

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Hope she is able to work with you on the price since you guys clicked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)