Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I really want to try no poo...but I color my hair. I'm 24 and I have grays that I am not ready to rock yet. 

So not coloring my hair isn't an option, lol, they are very noticible. 

I've heard a number of bad things about no poo and color treated hair, so I was wondering if using an all natural shampoo would help fix my hair the same way bs/acv would?

Any ideas?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Replies (11-12):
sreichelt26
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I've been looking for natural type stuff because I'm doing the Curly Girl method. Trader Joe's make a great shampoo/conditioner that I just got. A lot of natural companies like Honest, Seventh Generation, Burts Bees, etc make good stuff too. No poo - the baking soda/acv kind - didn't work for my hair type. I ended up with matted curls that looked like they hadn't been washed in weeks and felt like dreds

NDFanatik
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM
My color actually lasts longer because I dont wash as frequently (and I do red so thats good bc reds tend to fade faster). Ive not noticed a difference in drying time- I usually just wash and go (no blowdrying). I do not use any shampoo at all after dying- that would mess up my scalp balance even more than dying it does. I just rinse well and apply a protective conditioner.

Quoting littlemonaghan:

Does it strip the color out faster? 

Make it take longer to dry? (I;ve heard that from a lot of people, and my hair takes a long time to dry as it is)

What do you do after you get it colored? Do you use regualr shampoo to wash out the excess dye? 

Quoting NDFanatik:

I color my hair and no poo. 

What I used before no poo was Jason. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN