Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

No Poo Questions

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM
  • 3 Replies

1. How often are you supposed to wash with BS and use the ACV rinse?

2. When you get your hair cut at a salon, do you let them use shampoo? Does that cause the whole oil-production thing to start all over again, or is one wash with shampoo okay once in a while?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
1. As often as you need. For me that was every three days or so when my scalp started itching. My hair could have gone longer than that though.

2. Nope. I go shortly after I wash and tell them not to wash. One guy did it anyway all sneaky like and my hair got all super frizzy. The readjustment didn't take long at all, but my hair looked like crap for a few days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDFanatik
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

1- As needed.  Sometimes it's every other day, sometimes I can go 4-5 days.  I notice that if I blowdry my hair I can go longer and if I put my hair in a bun or ponytail I'll need to wash it pretty soon.  So it just depends.

2- No, I don't let them use shampoo.  It really fucks my hair up for at least a week and I end up hating my hair for teh next several days (when I should be happy about my cute new cut).  I wash it and then go up there.  They just spray it with water as needed and cut. 

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

1 ~ I started at every two days and then after a couple weeks went to every three days and then after a couple more weeks was only doing it once a week and just wetting my hair inbetween. 

2 ~ No, wash your hair before going in and tell them you do not want it washed. But if you do get it washed it should not be that big of a deal if your hair is adjusting fine. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)