Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

carseats

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:25 PM
  • 27 Replies
Ok, so after the post on carseats i switches around carseats. My oldest two are im brand new never used carseats (one we have had for about a year). However my youngest is in an older one still, but newer than the one he was using. Its about 2 yrs old, but it only forward faces. Dh doesnt want to get a new carseat, he says the ones they have are fine. I couldnt fine expiration dates on any of yhe carseats we have though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
princess_peach
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:31 PM
How old are your kids and what are their weights?
Precious333
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM
6 yrs old 46, 4 yrs old 36, 2 yrs old 26.....but that was their weights about 6 mos ago.

Quoting princess_peach:

How old are your kids and what are their weights?

larissalarie
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:00 PM
2 moms liked this
The expiration dates are really difficult to see sometimes. We had some black seats where the date was on the underside in a dark indented part in black letters/numbers. Maybe find a car seat check place to look for you?

As for hubby, maybe explain about internal & regular decapitation as a very real risk in an accident with such a small, young forward facing child?

On a side note, you ladies in this group make me more grateful for my husband every day! I can't imagine not being "allowed" to do what I want for my children's safety, or giving birth, etc that I see every day in here!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiki2382
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Yay on the new seats! As for the expiration dates, just look for the manufacture date and add 6 years.
Precious333
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Ok, maybe he will be willing to do that.

On a side note, dh and i are total opposites. He doesnt understand a lotvof my interests, and personalities are opposite, however he does his best, within reason, to support what i believe in. For instance placenta encapsilations....he didnt get it but said "go fof it".

Quoting larissalarie:

The expiration dates are really difficult to see sometimes. We had some black seats where the date was on the underside in a dark indented part in black letters/numbers. Maybe find a car seat check place to look for you?

As for hubby, maybe explain about internal & regular decapitation as a very real risk in an accident with such a small, young forward facing child?

On a side note, you ladies in this group make me more grateful for my husband every day! I can't imagine not being "allowed" to do what I want for my children's safety, or giving birth, etc that I see every day in here!

larissalarie
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha, I had never heard of placenta encapsulation before this group, but I should totally do it this time justto gross my hubby out :-P

And yeah, I get the opposite thing, we are about as opposite as two people can be. He just doesn't question me or have to give me permission, nor do I do that to him.

It's not intended as an insult, but genuinely reading these posts where moms who: want a home birth can't because their husband won't allow it, have to get their husband's permission to encapsulate their placenta, have a seat that will accommodate rear facing a 2 year old but they'd have to "defy" their husband to do it...and those are just from this week!- seriously truly makes me grateful. I can't imagine being a grown adult and living that way.

Anyway, good luck!

Quoting Precious333:

On a side note, dh and i are total opposites. He doesnt understand a lotvof my interests, and personalities are opposite, however he does his best, within reason, to support what i believe in. For instance placenta encapsilations....he didnt get it but said "go fof it".

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Yeah.....i see what you mean. There are certain decisions we have to make together and agree on, and other decisions that reall are our own to make. Anything that has to do with spending money (other than food and gas....but sometimes those too) have to be made together. His tends to always think about its effect financially.

Quoting larissalarie:

Haha, I had never heard of placenta encapsulation before this group, but I should totally do it this time justto gross my hubby out :-P

And yeah, I get the opposite thing, we are about as opposite as two people can be. He just doesn't question me or have to give me permission, nor do I do that to him.

It's not intended as an insult, but genuinely reading these posts where moms who: want a home birth can't because their husband won't allow it, have to get their husband's permission to encapsulate their placenta, have a seat that will accommodate rear facing a 2 year old but they'd have to "defy" their husband to do it...and those are just from this week!- seriously truly makes me grateful. I can't imagine being a grown adult and living that way.

Anyway, good luck!

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting larissalarie:

larissalarie
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep, gotta agree finances. Luckily we've got a system where that's not an issue either. Plus I'm the frugal tightwad, so he knows if I'm spending a) it's almost certainly a necessity & b) I've found found a way to afford it since I'd never go into debt or pay a bill late

Quoting Precious333:

Yeah.....i see what you mean. There are certain decisions we have to make together and agree on, and other decisions that reall are our own to make. Anything that has to do with spending money (other than food and gas....but sometimes those too) have to be made together. His tends to always think about its effect financially.

Quoting larissalarie:

Anyway, good luck!

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep...same here. I never buy anything extra.

Quoting larissalarie:

Yep, gotta agree finances. Luckily we've got a system where that's not an issue either. Plus I'm the frugal tightwad, so he knows if I'm spending a) it's almost certainly a necessity & b) I've found found a way to afford it since I'd never go into debt or pay a bill late

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting larissalarie:

Anyway, good luck!

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting larissalarie:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

What BRAND are the kids car seats? You can generally count on most seats these days being 6 years from date of manufacture expiration, but a few brands go to 7 or 8.  Next time you ride in the car, take a pic of the seat..with kids or without and I can tell you what seats they are and how long they last.

The cosco scenera is only $39 and would end up working for the new baby and it RF..you could buy it now and use it for your youngest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)