Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

is this safe?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:45 PM
  • 8 Replies
Is it safe to use doterra on guard oil while breastfeeding? My baby is one month old and I have what I believe to be a sinus infection. I would be putting the oil on my feet and possibly neck because my neck is really sore from being sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:49 AM
Yes it is safe for you to use as long as its not on your breasts. It is not safe for him though, and especially since he is so young, I would not suggest using it around him. Put some on your feet and wash your hands before you pick him up or anything.

Also, there is no better remedy for a sinus infection than breast milk nose drops. Seriously.
Feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole4ray
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM
I've been wanting to try this but I can never get milk out when I think about it. My pump is in storage.

Quoting jellyphish:

Yes it is safe for you to use as long as its not on your breasts. It is not safe for him though, and especially since he is so young, I would not suggest using it around him. Put some on your feet and wash your hands before you pick him up or anything.

Also, there is no better remedy for a sinus infection than breast milk nose drops. Seriously.

Feel better!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Have you tried hand expression? You only need one or two squirts, and you should be able to do that easily with your hands.

Quoting nicole4ray:

I've been wanting to try this but I can never get milk out when I think about it. My pump is in storage.

Quoting jellyphish:

Feel better!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole4ray
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:26 AM
My milk regulated really well with this baby, so when I squeeze nothing comes out. I guess if I do it right before a feeding I should be able to get enough. With my second baby I was always leaking, but not with this one.

Quoting jellyphish:

Have you tried hand expression? You only need one or two squirts, and you should be able to do that easily with your hands.

Quoting nicole4ray:

Quoting jellyphish:

Feel better!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Safe for you, yes.. hope you feel better soon!

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

nicole4ray
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Turns out I have strep throat, so instead of oil I'm now on penicillin.

Quoting catholicmamamia:

Safe for you, yes.. hope you feel better soon!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I'm sorry.. :o(  One word.. probiotics! 

Quoting nicole4ray: Turns out I have strep throat, so instead of oil I'm now on penicillin.
Quoting catholicmamamia: Safe for you, yes.. hope you feel better soon!

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

nicole4ray
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:23 PM
I bought activia yogurt. The pharmacist recommended it, so hopefully it keeps thrush away!

Quoting catholicmamamia:

I'm sorry.. :o(  One word.. probiotics! 

Quoting nicole4ray: Turns out I have strep throat, so instead of oil I'm now on penicillin.

Quoting catholicmamamia: Safe for you, yes.. hope you feel better soon!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN