Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I'm overwhelming my mom and sister

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:14 AM
  • 20 Replies
They will be at the birth helping me. I've been giving them information about natural labor and stuff. Now they say that I should can it. I'm not sure how I feel about this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:26 AM

So they are not supportive?
Why do you want them to attend?

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Well they seemed to be supportive at the beginning. Now I'm starting to rethink wanting them at the labor.

Quoting doulala:

doulala
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:32 AM

I can see your concern-- 
What have they said so far?   Literally "can it"?

Quoting somuchlove4U:

Well they seemed to be supportive at the beginning. Now I'm starting to rethink wanting them at the labor.

Quoting doulala:

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Pretty much. We were at Lowe's today, there was a magazine that said can it. Mom pick it up and said next time you start talking about the natural stuff we should tell you to can it. I asked what she meant and they both said they were tired of hearing about it.

Quoting doulala:

I can see your concern-- 
What have they said so far?   Literally "can it"?

Quoting somuchlove4U:

Quoting doulala:

doulala
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:51 AM
4 moms liked this

wow!!    I think they just quit.      imo, only have supportive attendants with you on your journey, it is hugely important!

Quoting somuchlove4U:

Pretty much. We were at Lowe's today, there was a magazine that said can it. Mom pick it up and said next time you start talking about the natural stuff we should tell you to can it. I asked what she meant and they both said they were tired of hearing about it.

Quoting doulala:

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

Miarose88
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:55 AM
I wouldn't take it too harshly. I remember when I was pregnant all I would talk about is birth and babies. I know that it was the only thing on my mind, but it wasn't for everyone. I'm sure some of my friends got tired of hearing about it. I'm sure they do love you and still want to support you
littlelambe2
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:10 AM

The only people in the room should be those that support you 100%. Next time they say can it, tell them that they're canned. 

bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Quoting Miarose88:

I wouldn't take it too harshly. I remember when I was pregnant all I would talk about is birth and babies. I know that it was the only thing on my mind, but it wasn't for everyone. I'm sure some of my friends got tired of hearing about it. I'm sure they do love you and still want to support you

I agree with this. If they are supportive of you and your birth, and meant "can it" in regards to your talking about the birth, etc. maybe explain your excitement and why you are always talking about the delivery.

If, however, they meant "can it" in regards to your birth plan then consider not having them attend.
larissalarie
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Exactly. It really sounds like they might have meant "can" the obsessive talking about, not "can" the natural birth.

Quoting bloomsr:

Quoting Miarose88:

I agree with this. If they are supportive of you and your birth, and meant "can it" in regards to your talking about the birth, etc. maybe explain your excitement and why you are always talking about the delivery.

If, however, they meant "can it" in regards to your birth plan then consider not having them attend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norwgnwood
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Way to be unsupportive aholes. Have them read Ina May Gaskins Guide to Childbirth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN