Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Juice +?

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM
  • 23 Replies

Has anyone taken Juice + supplements before?  I am having issues eatting enough and I cant take any vitamin supplements like prenatals because they make me sick, even the kinds for kiddos so my friend gave me some to tr, she gave me a good number of them too so curious if anyone has taken them before.

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Terpsichore
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I didn't take them. I don't know if they'd help with pregnancy, it didn't occur to me at the time (more than 2 years ago) since I had never been pregnant at that point (and experienced the joys of food aversions and getting sick taking prenatals). It is rather fraudulent. While it does contain a bazillion different fruit extracts and nutrients, most of them are infinitesimal. They are also known to contain too much beta carotene, and can turn your skin orange. The studies they tout that show their benefits are paid for by Juice +. However, the only bad side effects I learned of were too much beta carotene, and a false sense of getting adequate fruit/vegetable nutritional needs met. Certainly I believe getting inadequate nutritional needs is better than getting none.

The prenatal I take is food-based instead of synthetic. There is a noticable difference for me.

rfurlongg
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:03 PM
My cousin sell them, so I bought 3 months worth. I learned very quickly that the recommended dosage is for people that do not eat many fruits and veggies. After 3 days of taking the recommend dosage we all had diarrhea. Yuck. I cut the dosage down to a 1/3 of the recommend amount, and it was better. We finished that batch and have not ordered more. Basically, if you or your kids are not big veggie / fruit eaters it is great. We only eat fish or chicken once or twice a month and all our other meals are vegetarian. Out fruits and veggie needs are met through diet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Which prenatals do you take??

Quoting Terpsichore:

I didn't take them. I don't know if they'd help with pregnancy, it didn't occur to me at the time (more than 2 years ago) since I had never been pregnant at that point (and experienced the joys of food aversions and getting sick taking prenatals). It is rather fraudulent. While it does contain a bazillion different fruit extracts and nutrients, most of them are infinitesimal. They are also known to contain too much beta carotene, and can turn your skin orange. The studies they tout that show their benefits are paid for by Juice +. However, the only bad side effects I learned of were too much beta carotene, and a false sense of getting adequate fruit/vegetable nutritional needs met. Certainly I believe getting inadequate nutritional needs is better than getting none.

The prenatal I take is food-based instead of synthetic. There is a noticable difference for me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Terpsichore
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Rainbow Light. 

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I cant process the iron in those..I tried

Quoting Terpsichore:

Rainbow Light. 

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Never heard of it so here's a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I am having issues eatting enough, especially fruit because of my acid reflux.  Basically I can eat meat and veggies and dairy but grains and fruits are HARD for me.  I am just looking for something that gives me a bit extra..not to replace good nutrition.  I cant take prenatals unless I can find some that donot contain iron.  Iron supplements even natural ones make me SOOO sick.

Magnolia7
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I like smoothies and juices.  We have a juicer because I do it a lot, but if not most people have a blender for smoothies.  Banana, spinach, frozen cherries or blueberries, flax seed, almond milk = my favorite recipe.  I add in spirulina or whatever green powder I may have found on sale a good amount of the time.  The spinach plus a vitamin C rich fruit or fruit juice gives a good dose of iron.  But if you eat meat and veggie I wouldn't even worry about the iron sup unless you're low.  And then I would try Floradix or nettles.

I'm not sure about what is in Juice plus, but if you're looking for a bit of a boost there are lots of green powders out there, or even just simple spirulina.  I'd go with whatever is more cost effective.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Quoting Magnolia7:

I like smoothies and juices.  We have a juicer because I do it a lot, but if not most people have a blender for smoothies.  Banana, spinach, frozen cherries or blueberries, flax seed, almond milk = my favorite recipe.  I add in spirulina or whatever green powder I may have found on sale a good amount of the time.  The spinach plus a vitamin C rich fruit or fruit juice gives a good dose of iron.  But if you eat meat and veggie I wouldn't even worry about the iron sup unless you're low.  And then I would try Floradix or nettles.

I'm not sure about what is in Juice plus, but if you're looking for a bit of a boost there are lots of green powders out there, or even just simple spirulina.  I'd go with whatever is more cost effective.

thats the thiing I have the juice plus FREE lol my friend gave me tons, enough to last almost til I deliver

kitty8199
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:48 PM
My cousin does. She loves them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)