Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

About to have our 2nd baby! Did this happen to you?

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM
  • 8 Replies
Our next baby is due later this month. Our daughter is currently 21 months, and she is all over me! The closer I get to the end of my pregnancy the more she has to be close to me. She doesn't want to bothered with her daddy, unless I'm not around. But if I'm around she doesn't want to be bothered with him. Have any of you other ladies experienced this? What was it like when the newborn was around? Any advice?
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
vanityrayne
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
My oldest dd was 26 months when dd2 was born (she's almost 6 months now) it's like they know. After baby was born it was a bit frustrating. And I mean that in a loving way. She wanted to hold baby sissy all the time (still does:) ) she wanted to help do a lot and I was afraid she would be a bit rough. She wasn't. I steped back and let them bond. My oldest isn't jealous. When I nurse my oldest likes to sit near us and she talks to her and puts her hand on her. I think it got better when I let her have space w sissy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM

My kiddos all did this at that age but I wasnt always pregnant when it happened

ChanellesMommy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I can so relate lol, the same thing is happening with our (dd 2) she's always been close to me but it seems like someone squirted super glue on her and permenatly attached her to my hip she's always on top of me saying I love you hugging me and giving my belly kisses lol. It's cute don't get me wrong, but it can be a bit of overwhelming at times especially since baby #2 is around the corner. I'm due March 13 and she's turns 3 March 28 I sometimes think kids can sense when a big change is about to happen.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LouLou85
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Yes! Same here! She is permenantly attached to me! I'll be 37 weeks this week and I can't go anywhere in the house without her following me. We have always been close, but this is super glue close now. And she keeps asking me "are you ok?" Lol... It's really cute, but can be a bit much. I always knew kids knew when baby's were coming, as I did with my mom whe. I was 9 years old. But to experience it myself is totally different. Oh and now she is soooo whiney!! Whew! 

Quoting ChanellesMommy:

I can so relate lol, the same thing is happening with our (dd 2) she's always been close to me but it seems like someone squirted super glue on her and permenatly attached her to my hip she's always on top of me saying I love you hugging me and giving my belly kisses lol. It's cute don't get me wrong, but it can be a bit of overwhelming at times especially since baby #2 is around the corner. I'm due March 13 and she's turns 3 March 28 I sometimes think kids can sense when a big change is about to happen.

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:46 PM

It comes with the age.. :o) 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

Jenn8604
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Aww Im sorry. I have only one. And my mom said when I came around my older sister didn't care if mommy had me but DADDY could NOT hold "that baby" and she made him "give the baby to mommy" she was 20 mos. That's all the help I can give.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joyfullem
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Well she has heard you talking about a new baby and I am sure as you get closer you talk about it more and more and she just knows there is something that her mommy is paying a lot of attention to.  I don't think we have had this issue but when we are about to have another baby we go out of our way to do individual stuff with the kids.  I guess I always feel so guilty!

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:57 PM

When I started to show, we referred to the baby in my tummy as "your brother" and "your baby" to DS (about 21 months old when the new baby was born).  He was pretty excited about showing off his belly every time we started talking about it, too! 

He wasn't clingy at all before the delivery, though afterward he has been showing a lot more need for cuddles, and he really treats his stuffed toys with kisses and loves--much more than before the birth of "his" baby.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)