Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Still TTC...anyone try OTC fertility products?

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM
  • 8 Replies

We are going on month 3 of TTC, AF arrived a couple days ago and I am in the dumps about it. 

I am CD2 today, with a 28-30 day cycle. I'm not sure if my body is still trying to kick the hormones from my IUD or what but I have had no signs of ovulation other than a few hours of cramping when it actually occurs. The first cycle we TTC my luteal phase was only 11 days, this time around it was 13 so I am hoping that is good improvement. I am still nursing my daughter who will be two next month a few times a day so I'm not sure the effect that may be having on my fertility. Also, I have noticed no EWCM (or any other signs besides the cramping the day of O) in the days prior to ovulating, but I will be purshasing OPK this cycle to see if I do get a good LH surge. 

Has anyone tried any fertileaid products, pre-seed, or fertili-tea with success? Anyone else take a little bit longer to conceive after an IUD?

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
moroccanmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:06 PM
I wouldn't worry 3 months is not long. Bfing can affect fertility. I've never tired any otc. Baby dust
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SAHM927
by Lesly on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I know it isn't that long, it just stinks. You think 2 years into BFing it can still affect my fertility? Thank you!

Quoting moroccanmommy:

I wouldn't worry 3 months is not long. Bfing can affect fertility. I've never tired any otc. Baby dust

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:15 PM
I nursing my almost 2 yr old and have only ovulated once in the past 5 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moroccanmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Maybe. Some ladies get pregnant ..some don't ovulate. Have u seen if u are ovulating? My fertility Dr told me to do the deed on day s 10-20..(every other). Maybe try that?

Quoting SAHM927:

I know it isn't that long, it just stinks. You think 2 years into BFing it can still affect my fertility? Thank you!

Quoting moroccanmommy:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SAHM927
by Lesly on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM

So I guess it could still really effect fertility. Or do you think there may be another reason?

Quoting JoJoBean8:

I nursing my almost 2 yr old and have only ovulated once in the past 5 months.

SAHM927
by Lesly on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I do believe I am ovluating because of the cramps I get on O day, I am keeping track using my days, and it is pretty spot on. But other than that I don't notice any other signs that is why I want to try OPKs this time.

Quoting moroccanmommy:

Maybe. Some ladies get pregnant ..some don't ovulate. Have u seen if u are ovulating? My fertility Dr told me to do the deed on day s 10-20..(every other). Maybe try that?

Quoting SAHM927:

Quoting moroccanmommy:

hillybean1985
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:35 PM
It took me 6 months after both iud removals, i had luck with taking mucinex for about 3 days before and 3 days after ovulation, it thins out cervical mucas
SAHM927
by Lesly on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I feel like I am getting none... I purchased some EPO to try this time around. Thanks you. I am hoping we can pregnant soon!

Quoting hillybean1985:

It took me 6 months after both iud removals, i had luck with taking mucinex for about 3 days before and 3 days after ovulation, it thins out cervical mucas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN