Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

My hair!!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this
After three decades of experimenting with commercial hair products, natural hair products, no pooing, and everything short of shaving my head, I think I've finally figured out how to make my hair pretty!!
I always knew I had wavy hair and needed to figure out how to defrizz it. Well I finally defrizzed andsuddenly I have actual curls instead of just waves! Who knew?! (I was in hs before I even figured out I had waves, it was always such a huge fluff of a nest!)
Now I just need to figure out how to wear curls!!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TippyD
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:11 PM
3 moms liked this

pics or it didnt happen;)

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Rule #1 for curly hair: NEVER brush it dry, that'll give you a fro. If you need to style it dry, spray bottle of water and finger comb only.

Curls are easy to wear, just let them do their thing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeforchrist
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM

what did you use? I have a friend with this problem!

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Really? I always heard never brush it wet. So I've been brushing it dry and then using lush's r&b which helps, but not as much as I'd like it to. I actually didn't brush it at all after my last wash because it was so soft I didn't need to. Maybe that was part of my problem! Noted, thanks!

Quoting larissalarie:

Rule #1 for curly hair: NEVER brush it dry, that'll give you a fro. If you need to style it dry, spray bottle of water and finger comb only.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Cocobutter on my scalp because it's dry. Coconut oil in my hair. Then I washed with lush's coconut shampoo bar. The end.
They even have a henna shampoo bar that I thought would be awesome, but this was so much better.
I would have tried their curly whurly instead, but it has eggs in it and I don't like that.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:30 PM
5 moms liked this

I don't have a before, picture gene wilder with longer and thicker hair and youve got it.
The after isn't perfect but it's a work in progress and a big improvement. I slept on it wet last night too, a few days ago it dried during the day and I actually ended up with a few ringlets!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Ooooooo pretty!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Quoting larissalarie:

Best advice ever! It took me years to figure this out.lol

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Eggs are actually GREAT for your hair lol the proteinin them adds strength and shine. And ya never use a comb or brush on dry curly hair.

Mine in naturally curly and no poo was great for it but i finally switched to WEN.

Quoting jellyphish:

Cocobutter on my scalp because it's dry. Coconut oil in my hair. Then I washed with lush's coconut shampoo bar. The end.

They even have a henna shampoo bar that I thought would be awesome, but this was so much better.

I would have tried their curly whurly instead, but it has eggs in it and I don't like that.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Yeah I know eggs are great for hair. It's the hens and potential embryos I'm concerned about though.

Quoting Nicolle_09:

Eggs are actually GREAT for your hair lol the proteinin them adds strength and shine. And ya never use a comb or brush on dry curly hair.

Mine in naturally curly and no poo was great for it but i finally switched to WEN.

Quoting jellyphish:

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)