Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

The vegan challenge!! Success

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:07 PM
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this
So on jan 1st I switched my husbands and my diet to vegan for a month. And we made it!! Telling him it was only for a month was the only way he would agree!! However he lost 20 lbs or so and he felt so great he was telling the guys he works with. Anyway I loved learning how to cook without thinking meat first!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sj3starz
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Awesome. Have you found a favorite vegan dish that you haven't had before the month?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CherryGirl84
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Good job! I did the exact same thing last January. It was difficult gettting rid of the cheeses but meat I had no problem with. Your husband lost 20 in a month?! That is crazy! Yea after going vegan I've decided the flexitarian diet is right for me. 80-90% plant-based and 10% animal products.

Autumn355
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:09 PM
the breakfast scramble burrito!! Its bell peppers, onions, garlic, mushroom, tomatos, tofu and occasionally potatoe!! But mostly I enjoyed cooking with rice and beans because I never really did before, except rice a roni, lol!

Quoting sj3starz:

Awesome. Have you found a favorite vegan dish that you haven't had before the month?

Autumn355
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Ya we arent staying strictly vegan either. just cutting WAY back on meat and dairy. Ya my husband looses weight really fast when he decides hes going to. Plus for the first week we juiced for 2 meals a day and then had a vegan dinner. Thats what really jump started th weight loss.

Quoting CherryGirl84:

Good job! I did the exact same thing last January. It was difficult gettting rid of the cheeses but meat I had no problem with. Your husband lost 20 in a month?! That is crazy! Yea after going vegan I've decided the flexitarian diet is right for me. 80-90% plant-based and 10% animal products.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Good job sticking to your challenge
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Wow! Awesome. I loved learning new ways to cook and enjoy food when I first became a vegan. We've been going strong for about 1.5 years and its still exciting. Today I made vegan Brie. So good!
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Awesome! Are you gonna stick with it?

I did this once, my trial run has lasted seven years so far. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
That's great! I've lost almost 15 lbs in a month of going grain, starch, and carb free
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn355
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:21 PM
I am definitely going to be cooking like this on a regular basis, however my husband is a hunter so I told him we will only eat the meat he hunts. He wont give up milk though, It took everything he had not to drink it for a month!! I dont drink milk though.
The big challenge is our 3 yo!! Im trying to get him to eat healthier and more variety, its a battle!

Quoting jellyphish:

Awesome! Are you gonna stick with it?

I did this once, my trial run has lasted seven years so far. ;)

Autumn355
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Yay!! I lost about 12 so far!!

Quoting jconney80:

That's great! I've lost almost 15 lbs in a month of going grain, starch, and carb free

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN