Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

G-diapers!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:36 PM
  • 20 Replies

Poll

Question: Do they work out to be cheaper?

Options:

Yes

No

They work out to be about the same.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 9

View Results

Has anybody used them?

They look so adorable, and I'd love to use them, but I need to do what's cheaper.

A case of 108 disposable diapers is $25, and I see gdiapers sells a, "case," of disposable inserts for $52 and free auto-shipping. So that definitely looks more expensive, but (1) how many inserts come in that case??

(2)And how often do the inserts need to be changed?

(3)Are they less/more absorbent than disposable diapers? 

Anybody with experience, please help!

I know the cloth inserts would be the cheapest, but that's not an option for me right now; Answers concerining disposable inserts only please.

http://www.gdiapers.com/shop/?gclid=CNaL0rTl-rQCFQWe4AodUkwAGQ

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Bump for g diaper users.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I used the reusable inserts and only bought one pack of the disposable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:46 PM
I see that you can get 160 gdiapers inserts from amazon for $52. I've never used them, but some reviews around the Internet say that they change them every two hours during the day. I imagine they are less absorbent than regular disposables, because they aren't made of the same materials (gdiapers do not contain the gel that absorbs tons of liquid). The disposable inserts are compostable and flushable if they're only wet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:20 PM
If you use the disposable inserts it is more expensive and more work because you have to launder the shorts as well. It's the worst of both worlds. I find a hybrid system like this to be awesome on road trips, bu as an everyday event it's not worthwhile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:36 PM

The inserts work well, but I've only used them for travel, so I've only bought two packs. I usually use prefolds tri-folded.

They do fit well, fasten in back which is great for toddlers, and... are super cute!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Yeah they're definitely not more convenient or cheaper. I found they leak and let poop explosions out because the part that catches the mess is so narrow. I would never use them again. If you're doing it instead of disposables it will be much more expensive and you still have to wash the cover part. Plus the Velcro goes out pretty quickly on them

Quoting jellyphish:

If you use the disposable inserts it is more expensive and more work because you have to launder the shorts as well. It's the worst of both worlds. I find a hybrid system like this to be awesome on road trips, bu as an everyday event it's not worthwhile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Really? I've used them exclusively for a year now and LOVE how much they hold poo-splosions in! I also think they've lasted well. I only have six covers, so they get washed every week.

Quoting jconney80:

Yeah they're definitely not more convenient or cheaper. I found they leak and let poop explosions out because the part that catches the mess is so narrow. I would never use them again. If you're doing it instead of disposables it will be much more expensive and you still have to wash the cover part. Plus the Velcro goes out pretty quickly on them

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I never had too many poop explosions, my beef is that herbs shorts are cotton, so the absorb and leak any pee that escapes the insert too, then you have to change the shorts and any clothes they get wet, whereas PUL covers are waterproof, don't let moisture out, and when they get wet you can just wipe them down and reuse them.

Quoting jconney80:

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LLbaby143
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Could u try pocket diapers? You don't touch a thing even when laundering. Just shake the insert out. The poop is basically absorbed into the insert and the stay dry liner feels dry when wet. I LOVE using them. Seems like a better alternative to disposable anything. 

LLbaby143
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:10 PM

And idk if it is tue but when I looked into using g diapers, I read the inserts lose elasticity. That's what made me search on to find a better fit for us. Hope this helps although I don't use g diapers. Bump for users

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN