Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Does anyone know any good work from home jobs?

Posted by   + Show Post
I am seeing a lot of work from home jobs that seem like scams. My first baby is due april 5 and I want to be a stay at home mom but I would like to have my own spending money. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Replies (21-30):
TTC2Long
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Worth looking into. Anything else I should know or consider? Thanks! :)

Quoting JMmama:

Not bad. It's $13.50 an hour.

Quoting TTC2Long:

How does it pay?

Quoting JMmama:

I am an Internet assessor for lionbridge. Leap force is another company that does the same thing. You basically evaluate websites. It isn't terribly interesting but it is easy and I can do it when the kids go to bed.
JMmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:27 PM
The application process is kind of long just as a heads up. I googled and was able to find some chat forums where people were talking about the companies and there was a lot of helpf information. It is pretty straightforward though.

Quoting TTC2Long:

Worth looking into. Anything else I should know or consider? Thanks! :)

Quoting JMmama:

Quoting TTC2Long:

How does it pay?

Quoting JMmama:

I am an Internet assessor for lionbridge. Leap force is another company that does the same thing. You basically evaluate websites. It isn't terribly interesting but it is easy and I can do it when the kids go to bed.
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I love Melaleuca products!

Corina1987
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Thank you for the advice. I am definetly planning to nanny with my baby,if I can be so lucky. Its very hard to find a family who would let me watch their child in my home but that would be perfect. I should put up a flyer in my apt building. Ive tried to babysit now but no one wants to hire a prego girl it seems. I was a pre school teacher for three years so that would be perfect.

Quoting kiki2382:

With only one, I don't have to be licensed and I can bring her whenever we go places :-)

Corina1987
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Wow thats great! What website do you use? I tried years ago and never made anything.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

I do surveys and make an extra $100 a month

Corina1987
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:54 PM
That sounds cool. How does it work? What exactly do you do? Thank you for the info.

Quoting jconney80:

I do mystery shopping for a legit company called Bestmark. It's not much but I get free food, get paid to get free oil changes and tire rotations, and get paid for small shops. I use them for date nights! Only downside is you can't take kids on a lot of the shops

elephantmamaof2
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I became a consultant for Soylicious last summer. Usually I'm not into those "home party" businesses, but I decided to try this one because its only 99 cents to sign up. I don't make a ton of money because I'm super shy about selling in person, so I do it all online, but I know a lot of the people who do it online and in person make full time money! Here's my site if you're interested http://soylicious.com/badametz

Corina1987
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM
I will definetly try to babysit. That would be perfect since I used to be a pre school teacher. Ive heard of medical transcriptions. I will look into that. Thanks for the info

Quoting Sarah725:

I would babysit, if your going to be at home why not.  Medical transcriptions is a good job from home also, but it takes schooling.

workoutmom2b1g
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Most of them said you need a bachelors degree. Do you have one?? Just wondering what my chances would be with out one. 

Quoting JMmama:

Quoting TTC2Long:

How does it pay?

Quoting JMmama:

Corina1987
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:02 PM
I will definetly try child care since I used to be a pre school teacher. That would be perfect. I dont really have a talent for making things yet. I do want to learn to knit. What is pampered chef? Thank you for the advice

Quoting catholicmamamia:

Providing childcare, making things to sell, and there is always Pampered Chef, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN