Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Does anyone know any good work from home jobs?

Posted by   + Show Post
I am seeing a lot of work from home jobs that seem like scams. My first baby is due april 5 and I want to be a stay at home mom but I would like to have my own spending money. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Replies (41-50):
workoutmom2b1g
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Thats ok! Thanks for answering :)

Quoting JMmama:

I do have a bachelors degree. I have no idea what your chances are without one. Sorry that isn't more helpful.

Quoting workoutmom2b1g:

Most of them said you need a bachelors degree. Do you have one?? Just wondering what my chances would be with out one. 

Quoting JMmama:

Not bad. It's $13.50 an hour.

Quoting TTC2Long:

How does it pay?

Quoting JMmama:

I am an Internet assessor for lionbridge. Leap force is another company that does the same thing. You basically evaluate websites. It isn't terribly interesting but it is easy and I can do it when the kids go to bed.

TTC2Long
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
No money to get started. That's one of the great things about it! You have to be a member, of course, which is an annual membership, like Costco or Blockbuster, and make a minimum monthly purchase, but it's all stuff you'd be buying every month anyway - cereal, snack bars, household cleaners, vitamins and weightloss products, self care and beauty supplies, etc. But it's all at great prices, really high quality, made with natural, non-toxic ingredients, ordered online and shipped right to your door! People ask what my favorite products are and I seriously have a hard time picking one - I love everything I've tried! :D You get paid with monthly checks.

Quoting Corina1987:

Thanks for the info. That sounds interesting. Do you have to put money into it to start? How do you get paid?

Quoting TTC2Long:

I just started with Melaleuca. It's an awesome natural products online store. The % commission is really good, the residual income is really good and it's no-pressure (no quotas, etc., no sales parties unless you want to, no starter kit or supplies you have to buy or invest in...). I started as a customer and love the products so much I decided to be a marketing rep, too, since I was already telling people about it! My mentor makes $5k/month with it and both she and her dh get to stay home with their kids.

Corina1987
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:19 AM
That sounds like fun! Its like an under cover agent lol. I will check it out!

Quoting jconney80:

It just depends on what's available in your area really. In my area there are big electronic stores on the list, oil changes at big dealerships, restaurant mystery shops, real estate shops at apartment places, pretending to be buying a car at big dealerships, etc. You go in posing as a customer and you have to watch for certain things or ask certain questions. I used to work as a restaurant manager and a retail manager so I know what it's like from the other side and what mystery shoppers look for lol. I think it's fun. Some of them you have to have the money to get like an oil change or buy dinner but they pay you back and sometimes pay you for it. Some you get paid for and some you just get reimbursement for your meal etc. You get to pick what you want to do and it's all up to you.

Quoting Corina1987:

That sounds cool. How does it work? What exactly do you do? Thank you for the info.

Quoting jconney80:

I do mystery shopping for a legit company called Bestmark. It's not much but I get free food, get paid to get free oil changes and tire rotations, and get paid for small shops. I use them for date nights! Only downside is you can't take kids on a lot of the shops

Corina1987
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Alright. It sounds good. I will look into it. Thanks.

Quoting JMmama:

No, it's more involved than that. It depends on what exactly the goal is for the assignment. There are different forms essentially that you fill out and different criteria you use to evaluate the websites. I also evaluate the quality of search results turned out by search engines. It's kind of hard to explain.

Quoting Corina1987:

Thank you for the info. What exactly do you have to do? Write an opinion?

Quoting JMmama:

I am an Internet assessor for lionbridge. Leap force is another company that does the same thing. You basically evaluate websites. It isn't terribly interesting but it is easy and I can do it when the kids go to bed.

gamelas
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:44 AM
2 moms liked this

stay far away from MLM's!!!!!  melaleuca, pampered chef, mary kay, all of them.  they are a time and money suck and the business model is rotten!

rhoopes
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I work at home as a gift basket and flower consultant for La Bella Baskets. There is a monthly charge of 24.95 a month. There is usually a 19.95 annual fee for the hosting of your website and back office. But for the month of February the 19.95 fee is waived. 

The best thing about it is that the company makes and ships the baskets, all you have to do is market your online store. 

For more complete details go to: http://www.robinhoopes.labellabaskets.com/earnincome.php make sure to watch the video, it goes into more detail about who we are and what we have to offer. 

If you have any questions you can email at my address listed on my site or inbox me through here. 

melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
as for babysitting you can try care.com
stephanieannmom
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:04 AM

How do you start with Bestmark?

Quoting jconney80:

I do mystery shopping for a legit company called Bestmark. It's not much but I get free food, get paid to get free oil changes and tire rotations, and get paid for small shops. I use them for date nights! Only downside is you can't take kids on a lot of the shops

Corina1987
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Thanx for the info

Quoting melindabelcher:

as for babysitting you can try care.com

teentotsmom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Hi Corina,

I can understand having a baby and wanting to stay home with your baby too. I searched for years and spent 1000's dollars on scams and actually found my WAH amazing job on here, and now work with my wonderful partner everyday. I am so blessed to work with an amazing team also, who trains, and we build eachother up, and teach one another how to be successful and not competitive, because we are all a team!  I also can work when I want, and little and as much as I want, which makes it very nice being a mom of 3!

I am a marketing executive looking for driven, self-starters to expand my bus working for a BBB CO in business for over 27 years!

I love we make NO CALLS, NO SALES,NO GIMMICKS, NO RISK---NO KIDDING!!

We make residual monthly income, guaranteed amount, and HIGH incentives!  IT IS NOT Multi-Level Marketing either(those co are illegal)!

If you are a mom who needs to strongly help support your family, or just would like to make some extra cash, its all at your fingertips, and your own capability of how much you can earn monthly!

If this sounds like something for you, and you could possibly be a great asset to my team, please email me at aliciarfred@yahoo.com

It's tough I know being a mom, and trying to make money also for your family, so this could be your answer! It was mine finally! GUARANTEED NO SCAM!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)