Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

pretty sure i have a cavity :(

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:18 PM
  • 12 Replies
I have been falling asleep on the couch....too many times and we were also out of floss, so i think i got a cavity now! So i have some coconut oil and clove....i really want to get some thieves, but dont have money right now. Do you think i can heal it on its own before tuesday? Lol i see the dentist then.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Clove is great for oral pain, try peppermint oil too, that is the ultimate eo in oral health.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amycapl
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:00 PM

cavities don't heal :(  they only get worse if left unattended.  

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Ouch.. I hate cavities! I would try the coconut oil, peppermint oil, and cloves.

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Not true. Look up healing cavities naturally.

Quoting Amycapl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Op there is a way to heal them.but i think you would need more time then you have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amycapl
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:43 AM

i need to stop believing everything doctors/dentists tell me :)

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Quoting Amycapl:

larissalarie
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Yep. The whole bacteria/cavity link was just something the ADA took a vote on to make policy way back when, even though the one tiny study suggesting that was never substantiated and there were several larger much more conclusive studies suggesting that cavities were the result of nutrition (hint "good" nutrition to promote oral health looks nothing like what the government and mainstream nutritionists say)

OP, since healing a cavity is the body refilling a bone (just like a fracture, nobody questions the body's ability to heal any other bone), I don't think that's gonna be possible that quickly.

Quoting Amycapl:

i need to stop believing everything doctors/dentists tell me :)

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Quoting Amycapl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:33 PM

raw garlic/onion will help with any immediate type of infection or pain of a tooth ache, chewing on compfrey leaves will help drain an internal absess and refill the bone growth of a cavity as well as help regenerating the growth of gums.  oil pulling also helps with gum inflamation and regenerated the growth of gums.  my gums used to bleed horribly every time i flossed or brushed my teeth and within a week of oil pulling with coconut oil all bleeding stopped!

as for your question, these things all take time.  just because you are going to the dentist doesnt mean you HAVE to agree to get a filling put it.

as for you

peaches_04
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:04 PM
This i used raw garlic when i was pregnant and had a tooth infection.
It worked AMAZING for the pain....once you get past the burn of chewing up fresh garlic that is

Quoting tansyflower:

raw garlic/onion will help with any immediate type of infection or pain of a tooth ache, chewing on compfrey leaves will help drain an internal absess and refill the bone growth of a cavity as well as help regenerating the growth of gums.  oil pulling also helps with gum inflamation and regenerated the growth of gums.  my gums used to bleed horribly every time i flossed or brushed my teeth and within a week of oil pulling with coconut oil all bleeding stopped!

as for your question, these things all take time.  just because you are going to the dentist doesnt mean you HAVE to agree to get a filling put it.

as for you

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

it really does!  my sister had impacted wizdom teeth that got infected and within an hour after packing it with garlic and onion her tooth pain was GONE.  i have known two other people who have done it after i told them about it and it also worked well for them!

plus its perfect for a pregnant lady instead of medication :)

Quoting peaches_04:

This i used raw garlic when i was pregnant and had a tooth infection.
It worked AMAZING for the pain....once you get past the burn of chewing up fresh garlic that is

Quoting tansyflower:

as for you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)