Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

3 years!

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM
  • 19 Replies
3 moms liked this
I've been nursing for 3 years & 1 day =) Markus turned 3 yesterday. 16 months of those 3 years I've been tandem nursing. I'm pretty sure I'll be tandem nursing for at least another year or so. And that seems OK, which is really funny because before my son was born I never could ever imagine myself nursing a 2 year old let alone 2 kids until who knows how old lol. They will both self wean.

Just wanted to celebrate! I'm excited about our milestone =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Yay! Congrats!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Awesome job, and happy birthday!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Thanks=)

Quoting larissalarie:

Awesome job, and happy birthday!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Awesome! I try to remember you ladies when nursing gets tough for me.  It's very inspiring to read all the success stories : )

jconney80
by Group Mod on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Aww thanks! By now it feels like it's no big deal that he's 3 & still nursing. Keep up the good work. Nursing isn't always easy that's for sure

Quoting SadieJames:

Awesome! I try to remember you ladies when nursing gets tough for me.  It's very inspiring to read all the success stories : )

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

My DD is only a month old so I have a long ways to go : ) but she's a month old EBF with no bottles so I'm proud of myself! Plus she's gone from 5 lb 15.4 oz at birth to 7 lb 10 oz now so I must be doing something right!

Quoting jconney80:

Aww thanks! By now it feels like it's no big deal that he's 3 & still nursing. Keep up the good work. Nursing isn't always easy that's for sure

Quoting SadieJames:

jconney80
by Group Mod on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Yay! That's awesome =) is this your first? I promise it gets so much better after 6-8 weeks and you get through those back to back growth spurts!

Quoting SadieJames:

My DD is only a month old so I have a long ways to go : ) but she's a month old EBF with no bottles so I'm proud of myself! Plus she's gone from 5 lb 15.4 oz at birth to 7 lb 10 oz now so I must be doing something right!

Quoting jconney80:

Quoting SadieJames:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Thanks! She is : ) and yeah that's been rough but we are getting through it - it will be nice to get 30 minutes without a baby on me though I might miss it too.  Even through the proverbial growing pains I've enjoyed breastfeeding a lot and I'm hoping to let her self wean (which I knew nothing about prior to this and the breastfeeding group). 

Quoting jconney80:

Yay! That's awesome =) is this your first? I promise it gets so much better after 6-8 weeks and you get through those back to back growth spurts!

Quoting SadieJames:

Quoting jconney80:

Quoting SadieJames:

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:52 AM

Congrats! 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)