Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

anyone tried this? i am starting today and so far he is doing better then i thought. he is almost 17 months and keeps wanting to look at my ouchies (sp) and kiss it. i wonder how long it will be till he is 100% weaned? i did try to cut out feedings but that did not go well.

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Replies (11-20):
4kids4tara
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:26 AM

I would never nurse while pregnant either. Good luck, you did an awesome job for 17 months. You should be VERY proud!!!!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:44 AM

YEP my friend di this when she was pregnant too...as her stomach got bigger she told him that it hurt and they were ouchies, that when tummy is smaller they wont be ouchies...it worked well for her.  Luckily she had no engorgement or anything from sudden weaning because of pregnancy..

kitty8199
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:47 AM
I'm gonna try that. My 2 year old won't stop. I am ready to be done
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytotwonow
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM

i gave in last night. until then he had been fine. he went to bed fine at 7 but woke u at 10 very mad. i felt soooooo bad that i nursed him. he when back to sleep and sleep until 5 am. he has never slept that long. then i just nursed him before his nap. i dont know what to do now. :(((

Mrs.Salz
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I wouldn't do it personally. The more gradually you can wean, the easier it will be for both of you.

Mrs.Salz
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Weaning more gradually will probably be easier. Most toddlers cut down on nursing on their own during pregnancy too which can aid the weaning process.

Quoting mommytotwonow:

i gave in last night. until then he had been fine. he went to bed fine at 7 but woke u at 10 very mad. i felt soooooo bad that i nursed him. he when back to sleep and sleep until 5 am. he has never slept that long. then i just nursed him before his nap. i dont know what to do now. :(((

littlelambe2
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:00 AM

This. My toddler became less and less interested and once my milk dried up (at 20 weeks), she was ready to wean. We still did it gradually by reducing nursing sessions by a few minutes every few days. There were no tears or tantrums though. It was the right time. I was able to incorporate other soothing, calming, and comforting activities besides nursing (like snuggling!). Nursing while pregnant is tough! 

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Weaning more gradually will probably be easier. Most toddlers cut down on nursing on their own during pregnancy too which can aid the weaning process.

Quoting mommytotwonow:

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Agreed.. I would not recommend weaning cold turkey. 

Quoting Mrs.Salz: Weaning more gradually will probably be easier. Most toddlers cut down on nursing on their own during pregnancy too which can aid the weaning process.

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

peaches_04
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:11 AM
My little miss attitude would prob rip them right off
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Lol i think mine nursed more:)

How are you holding up on the nursing

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Quoting mommytotwonow:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)