Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Just what is the next step..

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:38 PM
  • 12 Replies
In potty training?
Dd will be 2 in June and is about 90% at home. It's because we let her be naked though. I tried puting panties on her and she peed in them but if she's nakey she pees and poos in her potty with little to no reminders. No accidents in a while. So right now she is diapered at night and when we leave the house. We decided to fully commit to cloth(yay) since it felt right, but her poor buns have been bright red and dry/rough. I use coconut oil multiple times a day as well as another natural bum ointment that I can't remember at the moment. I know she's young and I'm in no way expecting to be dipe free anytime soon just wondering about the next step so I'm not the one holding her back. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:42 PM
You Wong hold her back. You can't. She will lead you in the process. My dd was similar to yours, and eventually, at 27 months, she wouldn't pee in her diaper even out of the house. She would ask to go to the bathroom.
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Just follow her lead. You cant do anything wrong of you do thay.
jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Thank you so much. That is just what I needed to hear. I am still concerned with the rash though. Will her skin get used to it??
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Maybe buy a pack of chucks for her bed and trial diaper free?
jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Chucks?

Quoting peaches_04:

FebPenguins
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I'd put her in panties full time! If she pees, so be it. Then she knows what wet panties feels like~natural consequence of actions. Carry extra clothes, plan potty trips and allow for extra time during the trip. Have her go before you leave the house. (or store)

When you arrive at a new location: tell her that there is a potty here, tell me when you need to go and I can help you. (One time my dd had a "fit" because she had tummy ache so bad from needing the restroom. We were at the county fair and I didn't know that she didn't know that there were bathrooms there!!)

Buy two matteress liner for her bed~one in the wash, one clean. Limit drink at end of evening. Don't yell if she does have accident. Is bath water too hot?~maybe cause of dry skin? Good Luck! She will get it, promise!

greenlvnanna
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:08 PM

She'll get it, you are doing fine.  Just keep encouraging her.  Maybe she's having a hard time pulling those diapers down or doesn't quite know how to tell you she needs help just yet?

jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:20 PM
I like the idea if just putting her in panties and wingin it, however I don know what to do at a store or restaurant I don't want her touching anything public. She used to pee if I held her over the toilet but not anymore. Also she still nurses to sleep and sometimes up to four times at night. So can't limit that quite yet.

Quoting FebPenguins:

I'd put her in panties full time! If she pees, so be it. Then she knows what wet panties feels like~natural consequence of actions. Carry extra clothes, plan potty trips and allow for extra time during the trip. Have her go before you leave the house. (or store)

When you arrive at a new location: tell her that there is a potty here, tell me when you need to go and I can help you. (One time my dd had a "fit" because she had tummy ache so bad from needing the restroom. We were at the county fair and I didn't know that she didn't know that there were bathrooms there!!)

Buy two matteress liner for her bed~one in the wash, one clean. Limit drink at end of evening. Don't yell if she does have accident. Is bath water too hot?~maybe cause of dry skin? Good Luck! She will get it, promise!

FebPenguins
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM

As far as the breastfeeding, I would never recommend you stop for the sake of potty training. Keep it up!

For the "not touching anything public" I suppose you could carry a portable potty in your vehicle? Personally I am not opposed to teaching our children "public restroom habits".

Quoting jmaw89:

I like the idea if just putting her in panties and wingin it, however I don know what to do at a store or restaurant I don't want her touching anything public. She used to pee if I held her over the toilet but not anymore. Also she still nurses to sleep and sometimes up to four times at night. So can't limit that quite yet.

Quoting FebPenguins:

peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:10 PM
They have like plastic on the bottom....usualky a blue square you can just throw away...most people use them to potty train puppies?

Quoting jmaw89:

Chucks?

Quoting peaches_04:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)