Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

curse you winter;( ETA

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM
  • 40 Replies
Is it just me or does this winter seem more dry then normal

Uggggh i just want to bathe in coconut oil or something

One of my patients says she uses baking soda and water for the itching...anyone heard of this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:35 PM
My skin is terrible
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM
No. We got our total five days of rain, so quota met.
I will say though, that since trading in the body wash for home made salt scrubs, my super dry skin has been very nice. I literally do bathe in oil (well, shower anyway) and it makes a big difference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:37 PM
What winter? :-P
It's Colorado, I don't think there is a drier than normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Ugh same here! My skin gets so dry I get red itchy blotches all over me until I rub a ridiculous amount of lotion on it! :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Someone just told me CO folk are freaking out because there's no snow, I imagine that can't be good for business! But that you finally got a few inches this weekend.
I imagine that's not all of CO, but it was wherever my friends are headed to for the weekend to ski!

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:51 PM
I think they are getting some snow up in the higher elevations, but it's pretty much like an extended warm fall. Most days are sunny & 50's or 60's all winter. We got a dusting this afternoon and that's maybe the 3rd time all winter? I haven't even used a coat this year. It's the second year in a row of this, but it's definitely worse this year which is scary considering how bad the wildfires were last summer!
Quoting jellyphish:

Someone just told me CO folk are freaking out because there's no snow, I imagine that can't be good for business! But that you finally got a few inches this weekend.

I imagine that's not all of CO, but it was wherever my friends are headed to for the weekend to ski!

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:55 PM
I just shoveled 6 inches of heavy, wet snow with a -3 windchill. I'm moving to Colorado!!

Peaches- I've been using a ton of coconut oil this winter. This is my first winter of not using commercial lotions and trying to make my own. So far, I've had some good results
:)

Quoting larissalarie:

I think they are getting some snow up in the higher elevations, but it's pretty much like an extended warm fall. Most days are sunny & 50's or 60's all winter. We got a dusting this afternoon and that's maybe the 3rd time all winter? I haven't even used a coat this year. It's the second year in a row of this, but it's definitely worse this year which is scary considering how bad the wildfires were last summer!
Quoting jellyphish:

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Have you tried making the coconut oil body butter yet?

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Ugh same here! My skin gets so dry I get red itchy blotches all over me until I rub a ridiculous amount of lotion on it! :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:03 PM

We could use some more moisture, but it hasn't been too dry here. We're supposed to get some snow Tuesday, I hope it is more than just a dusting this time.

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Do it!!! Then I'd have a crunchy IRL friend.

Quoting hapababies:

I just shoveled 6 inches of heavy, wet snow with a -3 windchill. I'm moving to Colorado!!

Peaches- I've been using a ton of coconut oil this winter. This is my first winter of not using commercial lotions and trying to make my own. So far, I've had some good results

:)

Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting jellyphish:

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)