Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Adverse Reaction to Baltic Amber

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM
  • 20 Replies
Ok we finally managered to get my now one year old an amber necklace and well its only been a few days but his level of crankiness has increased dramatically! I know it may take time to take effect but my son has always been a calmer baby.

I also know they say there are no side effects with amber but now im starting to doubt it. Any help would be great right now, daddy qnd i are at a loss.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:20 PM
How sure are you that it's genuine Baltic amber and not plastic?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Ya its amber.

Quoting jellyphish:

soulofsunmama
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:35 AM
I have friend that absolutely swears her son had that EXACT kind of reaction to a (pure) amber necklace as well..I was kinda doubting her, but now....hmmm,weird
Quoting Nicolle_09:

Ya its amber.

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cpflum08
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:36 AM
I guess you could test it, take it off for a few days, then back on for a few. See what his mood does?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lynette
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I had an extra long one for myself.  When I first put it on I felt a little dizzy.  I read up on it, I was overdosing.  So I put it on for short amounts of time, taking it off and then back on.  I had to build up to it.

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Its just strange, i want to get one for all of us but now im kinda leary. Lol maybe it has nothing to do with it but who knows.

Quoting soulofsunmama:

I have friend that absolutely swears her son had that EXACT kind of reaction to a (pure) amber necklace as well..I was kinda doubting her, but now....hmmm,weird
Quoting Nicolle_09:

Ya its amber.

Quoting jellyphish:

VintageWife
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Bumping this.

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Probably will

Quoting cpflum08:

I guess you could test it, take it off for a few days, then back on for a few. See what his mood does?
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Link? I couldnt find anything

Quoting Lynette:

I had an extra long one for myself.  When I first put it on I felt a little dizzy.  I read up on it, I was overdosing.  So I put it on for short amounts of time, taking it off and then back on.  I had to build up to it.

soulofsunmama
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Im willing to bet all of yall would be just fine...I mean I don't really know, but of all the thousands upon thousands that use them, your the only other person I've ever heard say this besides my friend, which I find crazy weird, because the *mood* change was exactly how she described it as well.

Quoting Nicolle_09:

Its just strange, i want to get one for all of us but now im kinda leary. Lol maybe it has nothing to do with it but who knows.

Quoting soulofsunmama:

Quoting Nicolle_09:

Ya its amber.

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)