Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adverse Reaction to Baltic Amber

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok we finally managered to get my now one year old an amber necklace and well its only been a few days but his level of crankiness has increased dramatically! I know it may take time to take effect but my son has always been a calmer baby.

I also know they say there are no side effects with amber but now im starting to doubt it. Any help would be great right now, daddy qnd i are at a loss.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Could just be a coincidence...maybe he started getting sick around the same time
Lynette
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:48 AM

It was 4 years ago I saw it, I can't seem to find the link now.

Quoting Nicolle_09:

Link? I couldnt find anything

Quoting Lynette:

I had an extra long one for myself.  When I first put it on I felt a little dizzy.  I read up on it, I was overdosing.  So I put it on for short amounts of time, taking it off and then back on.  I had to build up to it.

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Strange :(

Quoting soulofsunmama:

Im willing to bet all of yall would be just fine...I mean I don't really know, but of all the thousands upon thousands that use them, your the only other person I've ever heard say this besides my friend, which I find crazy weird, because the *mood* change was exactly how she described it as well.

Quoting Nicolle_09:

Its just strange, i want to get one for all of us but now im kinda leary. Lol maybe it has nothing to do with it but who knows.

Quoting soulofsunmama:

I have friend that absolutely swears her son had that EXACT kind of reaction to a (pure) amber necklace as well..I was kinda doubting her, but now....hmmm,weird
Quoting Nicolle_09:

Ya its amber.

Quoting jellyphish:

How sure are you that it's genuine Baltic amber and not plastic?
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:18 AM
I dont know, doesnt seem sick and he is usually still happy and playful when sick (hes a strange child lol)

Quoting peaches_04:

Could just be a coincidence...maybe he started getting sick around the same time
catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I have never heard of anyone having a reaction.

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Ive never heard an adverse reaction before personally

Mitzi31
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Huh. I think I've noticed a smell in dd's sweat after she's had it on for several days. That's all though. It does take a day or two for it to start to affect her though. She seems better with it but I'm not really sure. It's not a significant change so I don't know if it's just good days and bad days. She still has bad days even though she's wearing it.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:01 AM

HOw old is the baby? Maybe he just is cranky because he isn't used to wearing a necklace and it's buggin him.

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Just a little over a year and he doesnt seem to even notice it.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

HOw old is the baby? Maybe he just is cranky because he isn't used to wearing a necklace and it's buggin him.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:17 PM

bump never used one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)