Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

11mo Nursing Non-Stop

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:48 AM
  • 7 Replies

Is it normal for an 11mo to nurse constantly? I thought it was just a growth spurt, but it's been over a week now that she will ask to nurse less than an hour after our last nursing session or eating food. Just as an example, I nursed her around 7:30, she ate some strawberries around 8:00, and was asking to nurse at 8:30. It's like this all day... I don't mind TOO much...I mean, I'm exhausted and starting to get a little touched out...but she's not spitting up or anything so I know she's not overeating... I'm just wondering if this is normal. Is it just a comfort thing, or could she possibly be that hungry?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Sarah725
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Oh yea that's normal.
larissalarie
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Normal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:57 AM
I hope it's normal because my son's doing the same thing. He turns one next week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pepe22
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:39 PM
I have 11 month old DD. And she also eats constantly. I don't feed her tons of solid foods yet though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Brandy85412
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:13 PM
It's fine. I knew a lady who 1 1/2 year old nursed more times in a few hours then my 4 month old did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Normal :)

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Normal.. growth spurts can last a week or longer, and sometimes one growth spurt can roll right into another one. This is one of the reasons why "nursing on demand"  and "follow baby's lead" are practices we recommend for breastfeeding mothers..  our babies have a subconscious understanding of their needs, which is reflected in their "demand" for nursing. Getting exhausted and touched out is also NORMAL.. and this is why it is recommended for mom to take little "mama breaks," even if it is just a hot bath alone, a brief walk, quiet time reading, phoning a supportive loved one, etc.  * This too shall pass *

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)