Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

i may have mono....update positive

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:48 PM
  • 22 Replies
Sooo I've been using thieves oil to treat some type of funk I have. I went into the Dr to have my iud removed and had her look. I have swollen tonsils white on the left one and pinhead sized white dots on my gums. She did a strep quick screen which was neg. She suggested mono. And that I may want to do a test. Well...I had mono as a senior in hs so once you have it it can reaccure but will also stay dormant in ur body. My dd is 14 months and still nursing three times a day. Anyone have any experience? I'm worried about her. I know my bm has antibodies in it but im still worried.

Test came up positive any ideas on treating myself?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Bump for those that do good with this kind of stuff.

larissalarie
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:01 PM
She'll either get it or she won't, she's already been exposed to whatever it is just by being around you. The breastmilk will certainly decrease her chances since it has the antibodies.
Good luck and feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:22 PM

This, exactly. Whether you are nursing or not, she would have been exposed. And with her nursing, she has more of a fighting chance to resist/ recover from this. Hope you feel better soon!

Quoting larissalarie: She'll either get it or she won't, she's already been exposed to whatever it is just by being around you. The breastmilk will certainly decrease her chances since it has the antibodies. Good luck and feel better!

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

jconney80
by Group Mod on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:51 PM
I agree. I hope you feel better!.I had Mono my senior year in high school and it sucks

Quoting larissalarie:

She'll either get it or she won't, she's already been exposed to whatever it is just by being around you. The breastmilk will certainly decrease her chances since it has the antibodies.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I agree with this

Quoting larissalarie:

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:14 PM

has she had any symptoms?

kirstina
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I agree with this. I had mono my 2nd year of high school. i was in the hospital for 3 days and missed like 2 weeks of school. i was so tired. good luck and i hope you feel better soon and that she stays healthy.

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:25 PM
The only thing is today she took a morning nap that lasted almost 4 hrs. Really out of character for her, I will say she acts fine. I've not been tested yet.

Quoting Sarah725:

has she had any symptoms?

FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Most kids who get mono, don't get it like we do when we are older. I had it for 6months in college and my dr said it was the worst case he'd seen in a while. I did some research on it and if I remember correctly, if children get it it usually comes as a cold sometimes with an ear infection. After that they are usually dormant.

skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Bump for update
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)