Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

i may have mono....update positive

Posted by   + Show Post
Sooo I've been using thieves oil to treat some type of funk I have. I went into the Dr to have my iud removed and had her look. I have swollen tonsils white on the left one and pinhead sized white dots on my gums. She did a strep quick screen which was neg. She suggested mono. And that I may want to do a test. Well...I had mono as a senior in hs so once you have it it can reaccure but will also stay dormant in ur body. My dd is 14 months and still nursing three times a day. Anyone have any experience? I'm worried about her. I know my bm has antibodies in it but im still worried.

Test came up positive any ideas on treating myself?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Replies (11-20):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:57 PM
I'm sorry that is so hard =( How are you doing? I don't have any suggestions except getting lots of rest
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Immune boosting vitamins & foods?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:00 PM
I think all you can do is treat the symptoms, use natural remedies for that as well as immune support, and ride it out. :(
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Sorry you have Mono!

skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:32 PM
I'm just really tired, and all the glands in my throat are swollen and painful
Supermommyof423
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:20 PM
What kind of Iud did u have? What is mono and what does it have to do with the throat? I have been complaining with my throat hurting and i have the implanon. Could this mono be a side effect to iuds?
skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I had the paragard but no it has nothing to do with mono. Mono is a virus I got when I was in hs. Once you catch it it lies dormant in ur body for the rest f your life. It can reactivate (which is what happened to me) its called the kissing disease because it is spread by salivia. It makes you extremely tired, have swollen glands anywhere on ur body, mine are my neck glands. It can cause a severe sore throat which can appear to be strep and it can cause you to lose ur appetite because it causes ur spleen to swell. It's a wicked virus and can last from a couple of weeks to months.

Quoting Supermommyof423:

What kind of Iud did u have? What is mono and what does it have to do with the throat? I have been complaining with my throat hurting and i have the implanon. Could this mono be a side effect to iuds?
Supermommyof423
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:42 PM
That's terrible. I don't have any experience with this, but i hope u feel better or they find a cure for it. Good luck!

Quoting skylarkdancer:

I had the paragard but no it has nothing to do with mono. Mono is a virus I got when I was in hs. Once you catch it it lies dormant in ur body for the rest f your life. It can reactivate (which is what happened to me) its called the kissing disease because it is spread by salivia. It makes you extremely tired, have swollen glands anywhere on ur body, mine are my neck glands. It can cause a severe sore throat which can appear to be strep and it can cause you to lose ur appetite because it causes ur spleen to swell. It's a wicked virus and can last from a couple of weeks to months.

Quoting Supermommyof423:

skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Haha, thanks youd think as long as its been around and with modern medicine they'd come up with something.

Quoting Supermommyof423:

That's terrible. I don't have any experience with this, but i hope u feel better or they find a cure for it. Good luck!

Quoting skylarkdancer:

Quoting Supermommyof423:

Supermommyof423
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Its a shame that they haven't.

Quoting Supermommyof423:

Quoting skylarkdancer:

Quoting Supermommyof423:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)