Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poo....I fell!

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:21 PM
  • 53 Replies

I went outside to tell hubby something and fell coming back in. On my way down, I told myself to turn on my side so I didn't fall directly on my stomach. I bruised up my left hand, knee and toe. I called the OB just to let them know it happened to ease hubby's mind. Is there anything I can do to make myself less sore tomorrow? I just walked a while to make sure the knee didn't go stiff as it's the third time I've hit in the last 10 days or so :/

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:48 PM
thank god you didn't hit your belly :(
Hope your feeling better soon.
Have you started putting ice on it yet?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:50 PM

I iced my hand and knee for a few and then decided to walk it out with the knee but kept it on my hand because that is what hurt the worst. After I had sat down for a while, I iced my foot. Everything feels okay now except the hand is still sore. I made sure the hand took the brunt of the fall. I just know I'm going to be extra sore tomorrow. Anything you can think of to ease that up a little? 

Quoting melindabelcher:

kiki2382
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Try massage with EOs. Lavender might be able to help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:08 PM

keep icing your hand...20 minutes on and 20 minutes off.  the swelling is what damages tissue so if you can keep it to a minimum it will be a shorter recovery time.  and by ice i mean until it is NUMB.  you can also try some arnica oil, but i am not sure if thats safe during pregnancy, you should pm jellyphish about it first.

hope you get better soon!

Quoting VintageWife:

I iced my hand and knee for a few and then decided to walk it out with the knee but kept it on my hand because that is what hurt the worst. After I had sat down for a while, I iced my foot. Everything feels okay now except the hand is still sore. I made sure the hand took the brunt of the fall. I just know I'm going to be extra sore tomorrow. Anything you can think of to ease that up a little? 

Quoting melindabelcher:

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Oh no.. so glad you did not land on your belly. Besides ice and EOs, you could use wolfsbane. If anything feels off or wrong after the inital pain subsides, get it checked out.

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

VintageWife
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I wondered about lavender, but I can't stand the stuff. It makes me feel ill when I'm not pregnant, let alone when I am. Plus, it sets off my asthma and allergies big time :/ 

What other ones do you think would help? 

Quoting kiki2382:

Try massage with EOs. Lavender might be able to help.

VintageWife
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Thanks, I've been trying that. Dd just put the best icepak somewhere so I have to find it and freeze it again. I'm going to make dinner and then I'll sit down with it for awhile more. 

Quoting tansyflower:

keep icing your hand...20 minutes on and 20 minutes off.  the swelling is what damages tissue so if you can keep it to a minimum it will be a shorter recovery time.  and by ice i mean until it is NUMB.  you can also try some arnica oil, but i am not sure if thats safe during pregnancy, you should pm jellyphish about it first.

hope you get better soon!

Quoting VintageWife:

Quoting melindabelcher:

VintageWife
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:23 PM

The OB on call said she was making a note for them to know I fell and make sure I get an u/s. I was needing one anyway. With the pcos, I could be 1-3 months. So it is a big difference. I'm gonna look up wolfsbane now. I've heard ya'll say that before but never looked it up. 

Quoting catholicmamamia:

Oh no.. so glad you did not land on your belly. Besides ice and EOs, you could use wolfsbane. If anything feels off or wrong after the inital pain subsides, get it checked out.

hapababies
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:25 PM
I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself worse!
I think I read in this group that olive oil will help with the bruising.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Really? I just bought more today. Should I put some on my knee? That is the one that is going to bruise the worst I'm sure with all the injuries it's had recently. 

Quoting hapababies:

I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself worse!
I think I read in this group that olive oil will help with the bruising.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)