Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

baby wearing

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:25 PM
  • 23 Replies

Hi I have a question about baby wearing.  Currently I have a 19lb 7month old whom I love to wear, I usually have her in a front carry in my mei tei or a woven wrap I made.  I am trying to learn to wrap her on my back... Any way we will be going to DC this weekend and I will be walking alot I really want to get the ergo but IDK about the price and is it really that much more comfortable I will probably be wearing her all day while we walk around.  Do you recomend I buy one or should I just use the mei tei and if it gets uncomfortable use the stroller?  Thank you in advance. 

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamoore83
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:31 PM

ohh update I just saw a infantino ergo baby carrier so an infantino brand no ergo brand would that be acceptable?

melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:36 PM
I think the mei tai would be sufficient.
I'm not a big fan of the low end carriers I feel you get what you pay for and the cheap ergos are just that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I'd use a high-end carrier or a stroller.

soulofsunmama
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:49 PM
I agree on cheap low end carriers.

An ergo is expensive, but also a worthwhile investment that can be used for years. They are crazy comfortable....
Back carries work wonderfully with them, very easy on/off, and though I love my mei tai, we definitely use the ergo a lot more!

Have a great trip:-)
Quoting melindabelcher:

I think the mei tai would be sufficient.

I'm not a big fan of the low end carriers I feel you get what you pay for and the cheap ergos are just that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lynette
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I like my Ergo for back carry, but it hurts my back to front carry with it. 

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with Lynette. I love my mei tai for frot carries, hate it for back carries. Love she ssc for back carries, hate it for front. And I much prefer my Beco to my ergo. I found the Beco on CL for $60, maybe check there to save money. Beware used and discounted ergos though, they could be unsafe counterfeits.

Oh, and in my experience, infantino sucks a big fat wad. And I know they carry crotch danglers, so of you do get one, please make sure it's not a crotch dangler. Baby's crotch will thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:38 PM
My hubby and I love the Boba. You can find them used for around $50-60! They are way way more comfy! And yes it really does matter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I agree with Jill, I just love my Boba.

mamoore83
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Okay thank you I think I will get the ergo she will get so much use out of it.  I was iffy about the infantino I was hoping that I was wrong though.  

mamoore83
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I'll look into the boba too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)