Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby wearing

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:25 PM
  • 23 Replies

Hi I have a question about baby wearing.  Currently I have a 19lb 7month old whom I love to wear, I usually have her in a front carry in my mei tei or a woven wrap I made.  I am trying to learn to wrap her on my back... Any way we will be going to DC this weekend and I will be walking alot I really want to get the ergo but IDK about the price and is it really that much more comfortable I will probably be wearing her all day while we walk around.  Do you recomend I buy one or should I just use the mei tei and if it gets uncomfortable use the stroller?  Thank you in advance. 

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamoore83
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:31 PM

ohh update I just saw a infantino ergo baby carrier so an infantino brand no ergo brand would that be acceptable?

melindabelcher
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:36 PM
I think the mei tai would be sufficient.
I'm not a big fan of the low end carriers I feel you get what you pay for and the cheap ergos are just that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I'd use a high-end carrier or a stroller.

soulofsunmama
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:49 PM
I agree on cheap low end carriers.

An ergo is expensive, but also a worthwhile investment that can be used for years. They are crazy comfortable....
Back carries work wonderfully with them, very easy on/off, and though I love my mei tai, we definitely use the ergo a lot more!

Have a great trip:-)
Quoting melindabelcher:

I think the mei tai would be sufficient.

I'm not a big fan of the low end carriers I feel you get what you pay for and the cheap ergos are just that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lynette
Holding my rainbow, rejoicing in her. And missing my angel.
24 minutes ago
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I like my Ergo for back carry, but it hurts my back to front carry with it. 

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with Lynette. I love my mei tai for frot carries, hate it for back carries. Love she ssc for back carries, hate it for front. And I much prefer my Beco to my ergo. I found the Beco on CL for $60, maybe check there to save money. Beware used and discounted ergos though, they could be unsafe counterfeits.

Oh, and in my experience, infantino sucks a big fat wad. And I know they carry crotch danglers, so of you do get one, please make sure it's not a crotch dangler. Baby's crotch will thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Jill - Admin on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:38 PM
My hubby and I love the Boba. You can find them used for around $50-60! They are way way more comfy! And yes it really does matter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I agree with Jill, I just love my Boba.

mamoore83
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Okay thank you I think I will get the ergo she will get so much use out of it.  I was iffy about the infantino I was hoping that I was wrong though.  

mamoore83
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I'll look into the boba too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN