Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Pregnancy Yoga

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 24 Replies

Anyone know of any great videos? I think I'd like to try some to learn to relax and keep limber so I can finally have the completely natural birth I want.

Keep me in your thoughts this month too because I'm going to tell my ob that I want a completely natural birth. I think she'll be just fine with it. I'm going to find out hospital policies too and see what is required and what isn't. Also, I'm going to ask her to do the group b test early (if she says it is required) so that I have time to treat it and retest.

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:42 AM
I have one i like, i will have to dig iy out. I now there is one on netflix if you have that, and probably on youtube as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Thanks! I'm gonna search Netflix in a bit :D 

Quoting Precious333:

I have one i like, i will have to dig iy out. I now there is one on netflix if you have that, and probably on youtube as well.

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:57 PM
I was going to say Netflix too.

You can ask when she tests for GSB and treat prior to it so you know you'll have a negative result and not have to do the test twice.
I wouldn't worry to much about it. Bacteria levels change often, and fluctuation is normal. Antibiotics during labor haven't been proven to do any good, so knowing if your + or - only helps you keep an eye on potential, though unlikely, symptoms in baby. The automatic antibiotics can cause issues, like raising your risk for yeast growth and thrush. You can refuse the swab, if you wanted.
FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I bought the one they have at Target.  It had three different moms in each trimester of pregnancy so it made it easy to follow the moves that are safe for that stage. 

hapababies
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Why are you nervous about telling your OB that you want a natural birth? Do you feel that she won't be supportive?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:28 PM
I have one i can send u that i love if u pm me your addy
peaches_04
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:29 PM
I want it back when/if i ever get pregnant again though
peaches_04
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:29 PM
This is the one i have too

Loooove it

Quoting FrumpyMama:

I bought the one they have at Target.  It had three different moms in each trimester of pregnancy so it made it easy to follow the moves that are safe for that stage. 

VintageWife
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I just started seeing her a few months ago so we haven't gotten to know eachother very well yet. I think she'll be very supportive, but the hospital is more what I'm wondering about. I've had two of my kids there but let my previous ob bully me into inductions. I'm not doing that this time. My friends have delivered with her though and said she didn't push them into it. 

Quoting hapababies:

Why are you nervous about telling your OB that you want a natural birth? Do you feel that she won't be supportive?

hapababies
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:45 PM
I hope she is does listen and respect you :). Good luck!

Quoting VintageWife:

I just started seeing her a few months ago so we haven't gotten to know eachother very well yet. I think she'll be very supportive, but the hospital is more what I'm wondering about. I've had two of my kids there but let my previous ob bully me into inductions. I'm not doing that this time. My friends have delivered with her though and said she didn't push them into it. 

Quoting hapababies:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN