Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Nash Update

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:05 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

For the last couple weeks we've been working with Nash on a daily goal chart. Thus far he's been really into it. He loved putting the chart together, and getting stickers for it. I remember taking him the Dollar General for the stickers and he was so into the stickers I didn't have to worry about the candy isle. At first I thought that we were going to have to go over it with him everyday, but he took the lead on it. After dinner he'll ask Chris and/or I to go over the chart with him. He'll tell us the goals he remembered to do and sometimes there are ones that he forgot. He gets put a sticker down on all the goals regardless. One sticker is for the goals he accomplished and the other is for his honesty in admitting he forgot. My goal in this is to teach him responsibility and accountability. So far so good....stay tuned.

As far as the baby coming he's getting better. We talked about his role of being the big brother, and that the three of us are a team when it comes to raising him/her. Since then he's been asking more questions, and loves playing with my belly. I've also taken steps and planned more play dates with friends who have more than one child so Nash can see what it's like to play with a sibling. Again so far so good, but stay tuned. :-)

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Sounds great! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vanityrayne
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Awesome! Great job:)
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:57 AM

That's great

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Sounds great!

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I love sticker charts.  We used one when my DD was trying to keep her bed dry at night.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Good job! How old is he?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Good job mama!
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Sounds like great progress

vannahmarie
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:53 AM

He's 7. My midwife told me that since it's only been him all this time that it's pretty normal for him to be feeling the way he was. 

Quoting jconney80:

Good job! How old is he?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN