Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

anyone try the infantino mei tai?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:11 AM
  • 15 Replies

There is a "mei tai" at walmart for $32, has anyone tried it?

I figure it might be a good way to see if I like a mei tai style carrier, but not if it is extremely far off from the real deal

Mommy of FIVE!!!

Tara~12.16.03  Zachary~5.17.05  Rowan~1.17.09  Willow~8/10/11  Soren~ 1/28/13

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Yup. I HAAAATED it and got rid of it immediately. The shoulder straps go out to the side instead of up where your shoulders are. So when you pulls the straps over your shoulder a big gap
Is created between mei tai and baby. Not snug at all, and when I wore it I ended up having to hold onto her with one arm anyway, because she felt like she was goig to fall out. Waste of money.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momonetime
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:44 AM
I have it and I actually like it. I got it because I didn't want to spend $100 on a carrier and then not like it. So I got this one to see if I liked the style of carrier. It works pretty good for us. Don't know if it has to do with build, but I'm pretty small chested and baby is only 4 months. We get a snug fit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashuiren
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I have one that I found second hand for $7. I don't hate it, but I have to fuss with it periodically to keep it snug. I'm not sure if it's me or the carrier, though.

I do have have the Infantino Union and I really like it. There are a few things that I think might be better with an actual Ergo or Boba, but I can't afford one new and haven't been lucky enough to find a used one at a good price for me.

EslingerCrew11
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Works fine for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:03 PM
I have one for when dd is cranky @ home.. It is ok. I would have preferred an expensive real mei tai but I only use it once or twice a week at home so it suits its purpose. I use a Beco butterfly 2 out & about.
mamoore83
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I have one that I really like, but the straps sometimes move and I have to re adjust but I really like it.  I'm about to buy a boba or an ergo tomorrow. 

JMmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I'm not a huge fan of mei teis but I do have the infantino one (and a couple others) and it is fine in a pinch.
Mrs.Salz
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:45 PM

A friend of mine has one and really likes it. I've never tried it myself.

mommaoftwo
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:08 PM

well, I have an ergo, a moby, a woven and a currently missing ring sling.

I'd love to find one being sold used lol

MalakbelLacuna
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:11 PM
I have a mei tai but it didnt come from walmart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)