Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Beco baby carrier help ASAP... Edit

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:08 PM
  • 12 Replies

We have a snugli (aka crotch dangler) that we got with our first. I've been looking at other options since our second was born. I found a used Beco on Craigslist for $50. Is this a good deal? I contacted the lady and its still available. What do I need to look for, being second hand? I just want to make sure im really thourough when i look it over to make sure I don't miss any damage or problems, etc. I've read lots about fake ergos, but nothing about fake becos. Here's the link http://bellingham.craigslist.org/bab/3573513099.html

I'm essentially a first timer with the baby wearing cause I sucked with my first. Lol. I just had her in arms all the time and ditched the baby carrier, but a baby with a toddler is a different story. I need my hands! My baby is 3.5 months and just over 14 lbs. she doesn't like the feeling of being "squished". I made a baby K'tan and she doesn't like it :/

EDIT: uh oh. Looks like this one might have been recalled! http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2008/Beco-Baby-Carrier-Recalls-Beco-Butterfly-Infant-Carriers/ Perhaps that's why it's been on CL since jan 26? Rats. I can't quite make out the label from her pics, so I'll be asking her for a clearer picture of the label. I wouldn't want to drive 45 mins for nothing. 

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Make sure that the straps stay tight when adjusted. Also make sure the shoulder pads are still cushy and that the two clasps that hold baby in on the top are double locking. You should have to push in the lock in the middle while squeezing the sides. $50 is a good deal. Mine was $145 new.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:18 PM
I dont know what to look for but i think i paid 135 new for mine
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Get it, that is a good deal :)

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I bought a used one for $80 on a fsot board on this site. 

littlelambe2
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I bought it. Love it. Took a hard look at it, and it was made after the recall. It's in great condition and has the double locking clips. Thanks for the replies!

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:48 PM

We have an ergo, love it.. BUMP for beco owners! 

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Oh I hope it's not recalled

VintageWife
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Yay! Sorry I didn't see this before. I wouldn't have ben much help anyway. I have a Boba. 

Quoting littlelambe2:

I bought it. Love it. Took a hard look at it, and it was made after the recall. It's in great condition and has the double locking clips. Thanks for the replies!

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:04 PM

That's great! 

Quoting littlelambe2: I bought it. Love it. Took a hard look at it, and it was made after the recall. It's in great condition and has the double locking clips. Thanks for the replies!

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

jconney80
by Group Mod on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Glad you like it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)