Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Amazed!

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:06 PM
  • 9 Replies

At the lack of knowledge people have. And maybe its not the lack of knowledge but they just don't care and will do whatever they want anyways. I am just constantly amazed at how many people don't breastfeed and I really am in the minority. A friend of mine just had her first baby and was asking when she could feed him baby food/ cereal. The first three responses were 3 months!  And one person told her to put it in his bottle. She breastfeed for 3 days. I don't know her story but your milk doesn't even come till day 3 or later.

I think back to when I had my first and there were a lot of things I didn't know that I wish I did. I was the first of my friends to have a baby. but there was a lot I questioned and researched on my own too. I also wasn't on this site yet. Learned so much from Cafemom.

banging head into wall

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:22 PM
I've come such a long way too! It can be frustrating when we see others making choices we don't but everyone is in a different place in their lives. I continue to share info and randomly find out that someone was am actually paying attention and it changed their minds so keep educating!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:50 PM

I know the feeling. What bugs/surprises me even more is how reliant people are on a doctor's opinion. Many aren't interested in doing any reading or research beyond what their pedi or OB says.

Brandy85412
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:52 PM

So true!

Quoting jconney80:

I've come such a long way too! It can be frustrating when we see others making choices we don't but everyone is in a different place in their lives. I continue to share info and randomly find out that someone was am actually paying attention and it changed their minds so keep educating!

Brandy85412
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:52 PM

yep other people were saying just ask your doctor.

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

I know the feeling. What bugs/surprises me even more is how reliant people are on a doctor's opinion. Many aren't interested in doing any reading or research beyond what their pedi or OB says.

almondpigeon
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:54 PM
2 moms liked this
I was so lucky to come from a huge family of breastfeeders. My mom gave me the best advice ever, "relax, mandy. You're over thinking it. Let your body do what is was designed to do"
Brandy85412
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:41 PM

That's pretty cool! I hope to be that for my children. My mom breastfed my oldest the longest and got a lot of grief for it. She only breastfed me for 4 months then said I preferred the bottle....but I knew at a young age I would only breastfeed my babies.

Quoting almondpigeon:

I was so lucky to come from a huge family of breastfeeders. My mom gave me the best advice ever, "relax, mandy. You're over thinking it. Let your body do what is was designed to do"

jconney80
by Group Mod on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:46 PM

That's so true. Some people just don't know that any other option is out there. But then there are the ones who wouldn't care if they knew or not. They simply trust their Drs know everything. 

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:29 AM

People actualy enjoy being ignorant and dont care even when you give them the correct info..they would rather go with majority then go with facts

JessicaHetzel
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I agree. I have actually left Facebook bevause of all the judgement and crap I was getting for the choices we were making. My family are the main people who are doing it too. I tell them we are going toward a more healthy diet and cut back on meat consumption and all they say is "research is just gonna change in a month because that is how the world works"... huh? Really.. llol. Also my son will be 4 months old next week and they tell me I ahve breastfed long enough and just to give him a bottle or just give him formula while we are out in public. So annoying. lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)