Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What natural things do your kids pick up on?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:56 PM
  • 19 Replies

Do your kids pick up on your natural habits? Do you hear them or see them doing things they see or hear you do?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM

My oldest is almost 10. She knows how to read labels & know what kind of things we don't eat such as high fructose corn syrup & food dyes as well as wheat, milk, eggs, etc. 

My just turned 3 year old likes to tell us what is gluten free & what we can't eat lol. I catch him saying "I can't eat that it has wheat in it." He is learning how to recycle. 

They both know what goes in our homemade cleaners too.

JMmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this
My 7 and 5 year old ask me to squirt breastmilk in their eyes when they feel irritated (usually during allergy season or a few months ago when the entire house had pinkeye).

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL NICE! I love that! That's too cute :)

Quoting JMmama:

My 7 and 5 year old ask me to squirt breastmilk in their eyes when they feel irritated (usually during allergy season or a few months ago when the entire house had pinkeye).

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:19 AM

Well.. all of the baby dolls in my home are breastfeeding, worn in carriers, and co-sleep! 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Someone gave my daughter fingernail polish, and she does not want to wear it because it "smells like yucky chemicals." 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:12 AM
My 13 yr old son is planning on taking a life skills class next year, one part is child care. He's already asked to use our Ergo and if I'll make cloth diapers for his "baby"!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

the most recent was when her nana tried to put some lotion from bath and body works on her.. dd said "nana that has bad chemicals in it! you should only use organic coconut oil on your skin I dont want that stuff to hurt you!"

maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Also even though she has never really seen a baby bf (only child for now) she will bf her babydolls to feed them.She will make a wonderful mommy someday:)

hapababies
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this
My 3 year will ask if his trash can be "cycled" when we are on an outing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessicaHetzel
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:10 PM

My son is only almost 2 but I can't wait to see him pick up on our habits. So far he is so into vegetables and healthy eating. Which I would say is good considering most kids his age are hopped up on sugar. -_-

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)