Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Getting rid of the Binky... Advice Appreciated!

Posted by   + Show Post

I desperately need to get my toddler (2 1/2) off his binkies.  I've been wanting to do it for a long time, but we've had a couple big moves in the last year and I've just not been up to the task I guess.  He is extremely dependent on them at naptime and bedtime...  Refuses to go to sleep unless he has TWO, one for his mouth and one to hold/twirl around in his hands.  He is not allowed to have them at all during the day though (I have to keep them on top of the fridge during that time).

I'm pregnant with our 4th, and just want this to be over and done well before baby comes (due in July).  After the binky goes, then I have to work on keeping him asleep  and in his own bed all night!  I think it will be easier once he's not waking up freaking out over not being able to find one or both of his binkies lol (which he does almost every night at some point... it's a little ridiculous). 

Anyway... advice would be great!  I've never had this problem with my other kids... they all gave up binkies early and easily.  This boy's a little more challenging ;)

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Replies (31-32):
peaches_04
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Omg i love this idea!!

Quoting kiki2382:

I'm in the same boat! My ds turns three next week and the plan is to go to build a bear for his birthday and putting his paci in inside of it. That way he has it, but can't use it. I've been talking it up to him for the last couple of weeks, but he just ignores me. I'm thinking of heading to the mall today to "show" him what we'll be doing with his paci. Let you know how it goes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Supermommyof423
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:19 PM
My dd had an accident and knocked a tooth loose so we took her to the dentist. Dentist said it would tighten back up, but the paci had to go or it would affect the tooth. That nearly broke my heart even though i knew it was time. So i took it away. She cried for it a couple of times, but she did very well. I was so surprised. I did have to fight with her about taking ds paci. In the end it was worth it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)