Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Home birth question!

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:44 AM
  • 15 Replies

Hey everyone! 

I didn't get a homebirth with my son, but we're going to plan for one this time around. 

I was just wondering if I should pack some bags for the hospital in the event of an emergency?

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I didn't.  I live 15 minutes away and I transferred wqith my first homebirth.  I just sent hubby to get stuff once things calmed down at the hospital

mommathea
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I did, just a few toiletries, a change of clothes, socks. But I also had a detailed list ready for if we had to be there for more than a day. 

Precious333
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM
You can. I never did.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:06 AM

It's up to you. I'm having my first homebirth any day now and not planning to pack a bag- I figure if we have any emergency transfer I won't need anything in it right away, and if it's a non-emergent transfer I'll have time to pack.

The only thing I'm planning to do is have my purse ready so I can throw in cell phone, camera, and keys if needed.

sj3starz
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Not packing a bag, thinking positive thoughts! Lol. If I need to go then "things" can always get picked up or packed before going.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:02 PM

No, that might just make you more worried you will have to transfer. If anything you will be able to send someone if you do have to transfer and they will understand. 

joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I never have, but it might be a good idea.

jazmyne052010
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I didn't, but if it makes you feel more at ease then do it.

Brandy85412
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:02 PM
I did it made me feel better to be completely prepared. I had no worries about transfer though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessica1219
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:05 PM
In the event of an emergency, you probably wouldn't remember to grab the bag, but at least it could be ready for your SO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)