Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

My baby turned one yesterday. He is sick with a cold or flu or something(fever, cough, probable sore throat). It just occured to me that honey might help his throat, but since he just turned one I wasn't sure if I should go ahead and give him some or hold off on it a little longer. Thoughts? Any other suggestions? I'm using a humidifier, nursing him as much as he wants, using a natural baby chest rub and giving Tylenol or ibuprofen when he's really miserable and can't rest.

Here's my little Valentine's baby Beckett.

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Replies (11-13):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:46 PM

How was he today?

ashuiren
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:45 AM

No more fever, but his congestion is worse. :P He does seem to be feeling a little better than he did this weekend. Sunday he seemed so sleepy and had no energy that I almost considered taking him in to a clinic and I never worry like that. That was after two nights of almost no sleep, though, and I could get him to make eye contact, smile, etc. and he nursed a lot, so we held out until Monday.

He had his one year checkup yesterday, and his doc confirmed that it's just a virus so we're going to keep on with what we've been doing. He's the last one in the family to get this junk. It seems like a particularly stubborn virus for as long as everyone else has had it. 

ashuiren
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Oh, and thanks to everyone who has posted. :) I check in every time there's a new post, but with everyone sick it's hard for me to respond like I would like.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)