Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

lovenox and vba2c

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:28 PM
  • 16 Replies
Posting this for a friend. She has to be on lovenox during her pregnancies and she has had two cesareans with her babies due.to the Dr telling her that it was necessary. She now believes they were taking the easy way out ans.would really like to do a vba2c. We live in tn. Anyone familiar with a doc or midwife that will do this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I would think a csection wuld be more risky on blood thinners....confused

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:04 PM

A c-section is 10x riskier when on blood thinners! you have of course the main incision and then the chances of slicing something else with the knife and her bleeding out.  Have her contact ICAN and also check in the VBAC moms group for her. 

peaches_04
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:16 PM
That was my first though. But i suppose you could control the bleeding more in a surgery setting vs natural

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:24 PM

ehhh maybe

Quoting peaches_04:

That was my first though. But i suppose you could control the bleeding more in a surgery setting vs natural

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Well she and I have been talking and we both came to the same conclusion that a c-section seemed more risky when on blood thinners. I believe they have her stop taking them 12-24 hrs before the surgery. With her first she went into natural labor with him but they made her have the section anyways, and she almost died due to blood loss. She's done some research on it and has read that if they switch her to heprin at 35 weeks theres less of a risk, but she wanted to know if anyone on here had experience with it or if they knew of anyone willing to take her case. Shes been really unimpressed with the dr shes had to use. She's a very crunchy mom and wants what's best for her and baby.

skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Yes, she thought so too, i sent her the link for our local ICAN chapter so hopefully someone on there can help her. Thanks so much for the info. 

Quoting Nicolle_09:

A c-section is 10x riskier when on blood thinners! you have of course the main incision and then the chances of slicing something else with the knife and her bleeding out.  Have her contact ICAN and also check in the VBAC moms group for her. 

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:10 PM

No problem. I have naturally thin blood due to a blood disorder and it takes so much prep before and stuff during and after my c-sections to make sure I stop bleeding. 

Quoting skylarkdancer:

Yes, she thought so too, i sent her the link for our local ICAN chapter so hopefully someone on there can help her. Thanks so much for the info. 

Quoting Nicolle_09:

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Idk my sil was on lovinox but she had a vaginal birth.
skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Is there anyway you could get any details from her?

Quoting Sarah725:

Idk my sil was on lovinox but she had a vaginal birth.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

vaginal births are generally less traumatic, the only bleeding is from if here are rips or episiotomy, those can generally be avoided by not beig forced to push and not being on your back when delivering

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN