Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

natural remedies for mono?!

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:18 PM
  • 13 Replies

i thought i had strep throat, went in and it was not bacterial.  my dr. said he thinks its mono but its too early to test.  and in reality there isnt much he can do since it just has to run its course.

so does anyone have any experience with this?  any natural treatments?  i am SO TIRED and my throat hurts....ugggh :(

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maddiesmommy5
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:56 PM

im sorry:( I had it in highschool, just get lots of rest and take it easy for awhile...easier said then done but still. also try honey to help sooth your throat. No otc or reg. meds will help.  

skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:13 PM
I was just diagnosed with it too. I posted the same question a couple of days ago. Just up ur vit. D and c. And take immune stimulants.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:15 PM

i thought i had seen a mono post recently!  sorry you have it...this is no fun :(

Quoting skylarkdancer:

I was just diagnosed with it too. I posted the same question a couple of days ago. Just up ur vit. D and c. And take immune stimulants.

skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:28 PM
I agree, mine presented as what I thought was strep too but the test was neg. I have all my glands in my neck swollen, headaches, lack of appetite (like ill be hungry and then ill start eating and half way through I won't want it any more, due to the swollen spleen) and I'm tired but when I go to try and sleep I don't sleep well. Also I'm dealing with some congestion and post nasal drip. I had it as a senior in hs also. Ugh...

Quoting tansyflower:

i thought i had seen a mono post recently!  sorry you have it...this is no fun :(

Quoting skylarkdancer:

tansyflower
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:47 PM

seriously i totally could have written this myself!  i seriously thought it was strep for sure, so when it came back negative it was like WHAT?!

they want me to come back for all this additional testing but i am not going to.  whats the point?  if there is no treatment then i am not going to drag 3 kids into a dr office and spend a few hours doinking around with more blood work and cultures....i would rather keep them away from the hospital.  i dont need them catching something there and dealing with sick kiddos on top of this!

(((hugs))) i hope you feel better soon and it doesnt last too long!

Quoting skylarkdancer:

I agree, mine presented as what I thought was strep too but the test was neg. I have all my glands in my neck swollen, headaches, lack of appetite (like ill be hungry and then ill start eating and half way through I won't want it any more, due to the swollen spleen) and I'm tired but when I go to try and sleep I don't sleep well. Also I'm dealing with some congestion and post nasal drip. I had it as a senior in hs also. Ugh...

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting skylarkdancer:

skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:57 PM
I would still have them do the mono test. The problem is if.it comes back positive it will stay with you forever, just lay dormant in ur body and.can reactivate. I had the testing done so I would know for sure and be more cautious are my dh and my family. My dd is 14 months and.still nursing so she is protected for now. But its spread through salivia so I'm not kissing dh right now. I found out on vday so that sucked. Lol

Quoting tansyflower:

seriously i totally could have written this myself!  i seriously thought it was strep for sure, so when it came back negative it was like WHAT?!

they want me to come back for all this additional testing but i am not going to.  whats the point?  if there is no treatment then i am not going to drag 3 kids into a dr office and spend a few hours doinking around with more blood work and cultures....i would rather keep them away from the hospital.  i dont need them catching something there and dealing with sick kiddos on top of this!

(((hugs))) i hope you feel better soon and it doesnt last too long!

Quoting skylarkdancer:

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting skylarkdancer:

MorganTho
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:58 PM
And zinc too!

Quoting skylarkdancer:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Boost your immune system, lots of rest and fluids. Hope you feel better soon! 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I think it just has to run it's course, but boosting your immune system can always help.

VintageWife
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Rest, fluids and maybe some honey to sooth the throat?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN