Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

public restroom help

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:24 PM
  • 24 Replies
Ok, so whenever i need to use the public restroom with my two yr old with me, he liked to unlock the door and open it, or crawl under and try and escape! So i have yo hold onto his arm while i pee!!! Its so frustrating! Anyone have any suggestion?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I usually give a child my phone to play with and keep there attention for 30 sec so I can do that with out having him escape.

Amycapl
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM

no, sorry.. this situation terrifies me about public bathrooms!  some actually have seats you can pull down and strap your baby into...

CafeMom Tickers
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:43 PM

my 4 year is like that and wont stand outside the stall either (hes a runner lol) I went into JC Pennies and saw they have those little baby/toddler fold down seats in the handycap stall with a harness. that was nice

Precious333
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Yeah ikea has that.....such a great idea! Unfortinunatley most in our area dont have somethnf like that and i have had him escape a few times and had to chase him out the door!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Bring a stroller so you can strap him into it for potty breaks?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emadele
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Get one of those harnesses that you strap them in and hang them on the door!!! Joking! I normally give ds1 my iPod. But I'm rarely out with the babies without atleast one other person with me.

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:21 PM
I go fast and choose a stall as far from the door as possible. I ask my 2 yo (she is almost 3 now) to get my toilet paper and if she'd like to flush the toilet. If my kids leave the restroom while I'm going to the bathroom we leave wherever we are. I've only had to leave a play area once bc of dd or ds leaving the bathroom- it's hard to leave w cranky kids but they learn to respect what I say:)
hapababies
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I use use the handicap stall so that his little arm can't reach the lock while I'm holding onto him as I use the restroom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

i have been known to put my son on my shoulders when he gets out of hand.  i bet i look like a totum pole O.o

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Quoting larissalarie: Bring a stroller so you can strap him into it for potty breaks?

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)