Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
Ok, so whenever i need to use the public restroom with my two yr old with me, he liked to unlock the door and open it, or crawl under and try and escape! So i have yo hold onto his arm while i pee!!! Its so frustrating! Anyone have any suggestion?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Replies (21-24):
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM

First, I let them stand normally. If they start acting up, I have them place their hand on a certain part of me, my knee, my shoulder, my foot, whatever, OR in their pockets. If they still cannot behave, they get to sit down and put their hands over their eyes (so they can't see under the stalls-that creeps me out). Usually it's just me and the 2 girls going shopping so I make sure to take all 3 of us before we leave the house, to try to avoid the restroom, but if it cannot be avoided then ALL 3 of us go again, so that I only take one trip to the bathroom per place. Singing songs with hand movements have been helpful too. If they are happy and they know it, and are clapping their hands, they can't undo the door. ;) 

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:06 PM

LMBO..  good point! 

Quoting MaryJarrett: If they are happy and they know it, and are clapping their hands, they can't undo the door. ;) 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Brandy85412
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I put my kids in the cart and go to the bathroom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine71980
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I also have one of those leashes that I have put on my DD to keep her from getting out of the stall.  We don't use it very often but when we do, it is necessary (like the bathroom and walking around DFW airport!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)