Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I have always MAINLY wanted to have a birthing center birth with a big tub for the option of a water birth. The city I will be delivery in does not have a birthing center that has tubs anymore. So my only option left is a homebirth. Im nervous about this :/ I mean I would get everything my way But all the what ifs are starting to freak me out. My son was born with the cord around his neck so tight the dr had to cut it off him, she couldnt even un wrap it. He was in the NICU for 8 hours to make sure his breathign was ok before I even got to see him. What if this happens again and we arent at a hospital where they can take care of the baby?? Ive had stitches with BOTH my deliveries, I felt the stitches being put itn with my daughter due to unexpectadly delivery her with no pain meds, with my son I had an epi so ddnt feeel them with him. THAT is honestly what I wouldnt want to feel the most!!!! A home birth If I need stitches I will have to feel them put them in  :/  Also another thing I thought about with a homeborth, there is no break to adjust to a new baby before being thrown into parenting an additional child along with your prior ones. In a hospital birth you get 2-3 days at the hospital to bond with the baby and heal before heading home and juming back into life. A homebirht....you dint get that :/ Im pretty sure my hubby would have to go towork the day after I give birth which means the day after I give birth I will have to be responsible ON MY OWN WHILE being sore as crap from pushing a baby out  for getting my daughter up n ready for school and getting three kids and myself ready to be seen in public. I just cant imagine doing that :( I know everyone has there own lives so it is not likely that people would come to the house and help me for a couple days. we are all busy and have jobs to do. Like my mom once told me, Its nobodys fault you got pregnant again and I can see her saying its no ones fault you decided to have a home birth :/ Im just really nervous about everything now. I wish I could have a hospital birth but have them leave me alone to labor how I please without hooking me up to crap and insisting on pumping my full of pitocin :(

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Replies (21-22):
JennaFoix
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:30 PM

HMMMMM not sure how to take this one....If I didnt see the benefits and  'beauty' of it I wouldnt be considering it at all dont ya think??

I guess in posting this I was mainly looking for answers on people that know about how these particular situations are handled. MOST of the replies have made me feel better about it all.

Quoting sj3starz:

Planned home birth has been proven to be 10% safer than delivering in a hospital. There are way more benefits to being at home than being in a hospital. I'm truly sorry that you feel the way you do about homebirth. Its unfortunate.

Being in the comfort of your home isn't a pitfall, its an advantage to your birthing process. Even afterwards when you want your "break" your family should be there, including your so/dh. Your other kids need someone that's 100% to take care of them for a few days, homebirth or not.

Again, I'm sorry that you can't see what a wonderful opportunity it is to have a homebirth. :-(

JennaFoix
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Thanks yall so much for the advice. I am really looking forward to this experience. I have faith that I will be ok and that I will get this all figured out. Im only 11 weeks along right now :)) And will have the consultation at 6 months (when we will be moved to where Ill be delivering. I will just pray that childcare for my other two kids and hubby getting some time off works out :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN