Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Collin Jack is here! our unassisted homebirth story

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM
  • 71 Replies
13 moms liked this

I had some prelabor over the last week and some prodromal over the weekend, then woke up this morning at 2:45 with strong contractions 2-3 minutes apart. By 3:30 I knew it was the real thing so I woke up DH who said "ok if it keeps up for two or three more hours we'll know it's real so wake me up then" and rolled over back to sleep. I had to vocalize through the next three contractions so I woke him up again my inlaws came to pick up our toddler around 4 am. After that, contractions got more and more intense, but DH was awesome support and I felt so safe and confident and in control - such a contrast to my hospital birth with DS1.

I wasn't really sure at the time when transition was happening since I didn't have the repeatedly peaking contractions I had with DS1, but I screamed through several contractions and then started grunting and realizing my body was pushing. My legs could hardly hold me up anymore so I squatted and crouched on our bathroom floor, noticing that the contractions were almost overwhelmingly intense, but different from the previous ones. I started screaming at DH that I couldn't do it anymore when suddenly my water broke with a loud pop and burst all over the floor. After that I felt my body opening and he came out in a few pushes with more gushes of fluid in between. I had my hand on his head the whole time and felt a huge sense of relief when his head popped out, felt the shoulders rotate and then he slid out crying into my hands. It was so empowering and surreal. Even though I was drug-free for DS1's birth, I didn't feel any of those sensations.

After a few minutes we went to lay down in bed and I delivered the placenta about 20 minutes later. I didn't have any tearing and have so much less bleeding and more energy than I did last time. I hardly feel like I just gave birth!

He was 8.5 lbs and 20 inches, and was born around 6:10 am so labor was just short of 3.5 hours. He's breastfeeding great and has already pooped twice! Grandma is bringing DS1 over in a little while to meet him.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JMmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Congratulations! What a great birth story!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine_246
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Sounds wonderful. I'm so happy for you and your family. He is a precious little guy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToriBabe1221
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Congrats =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charity987
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Congratulations!! I LOVE your birth story! I can't wait to have my own similar story in a few months :)

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Congratulations!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:39 PM

So sweet....  congratulations! 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Beautiful baby! Lovely birth! Congratulations!

VintageWife
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Congratulations! What a gorgeous boy. Amazing birth story! :)

cemcnair
by Courtney on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Wonderful! I love your birth story! He is just perfect :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)