Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yeast?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:31 AM
  • 12 Replies
I think my 1 year of may have a yeast infection on the underside of his penis. What can I treat it with without going to the ped? Or is a trip in necessary. The last time I dealt with yeast was 7 years ago when my oldest was a baby. Then, the doctor prescribed nystatin and that was awful. I can't remember what ultimately cleared it up though.

He is intact, if that makes a difference.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiki2382
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not sure of any "natural" remedies, but you could get some lotrimin and apply a couple times a day. Should clear up pretty quickly.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I used lotrimin for my guy, he is prone to yeast

JMmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Thank you, ladies. Of course, I love and prefer natural remedies but at this point I just want to get rid of it.
tansyflower
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:52 AM

this.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I used lotrimin for my guy, he is prone to yeast

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Coconut oil tto blend.

If he's cloth diapered you need to put him in disposables until it clears up and kill the yeast in the cloth diapers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Good to know. I will try that first since I have both of those things at home already. I had tried just coconut oil, but it wasn't doing anything. I didn't think to add the TTO. What ratio do you use? 

We do use cloth but I haven't had him in them for a couple of weeks. I switched him to gluten free about 3 weeks ago and all of a sudden we had poop everywhere (he had been super constipated). I couldn't keep up with the cloth and all the poop. Now that he seems to be regulating, of course we have yeast. Maybe we will get back into our cloth eventually!

Quoting jellyphish:

Coconut oil tto blend.

If he's cloth diapered you need to put him in disposables until it clears up and kill the yeast in the cloth diapers.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 oz co to 5-10 drops tto.

As long as the yeast didn't start to develop until after you put him in disposables you're good. But any cloth that may have touched him will have yeast living in it and will reinfect him until bleached. Yeast sucks.

I hope he feels better soon!

Quoting JMmama:

Good to know. I will try that first since I have both of those things at home already. I had tried just coconut oil, but it wasn't doing anything. I didn't think to add the TTO. What ratio do you use? 

We do use cloth but I haven't had him in them for a couple of weeks. I switched him to gluten free about 3 weeks ago and all of a sudden we had poop everywhere (he had been super constipated). I couldn't keep up with the cloth and all the poop. Now that he seems to be regulating, of course we have yeast. Maybe we will get back into our cloth eventually!

Quoting jellyphish:

Coconut oil tto blend.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Loteimin cleared my dd's horrible almost blessing yeast rash within 24 hours. After every diaper change, give him some naked time to dry it out and let air get to it, then apply a very thin layer of it. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Thanks! I will give that a try. I don't think he developed it when he was in his cloth, but maybe I will go ahead and treat the diapers just in case. 

Quoting jellyphish:

1 oz co to 5-10 drops tto.

As long as the yeast didn't start to develop until after you put him in disposables you're good. But any cloth that may have touched him will have yeast living in it and will reinfect him until bleached. Yeast sucks.

I hope he feels better soon!

Quoting JMmama:

Quoting jellyphish:

Coconut oil tto blend.

MrsLondon
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Have you tried probiotics? My dd has a problem with yeast infections so we do a  probiotic drink everyday and a vinegar bath twice a week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)