Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not enough coffee for this......

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:43 AM
  • 15 Replies

so i wake up and check my facebook this morning.  one of my friends posted a link to an article last nite about an organic spinach recall (e.coli) and quite a few people commented including myself.  i said this is just another reason to buy organic local in season veggies because anything that has been industrially farmed increases the risk of a recall and the potential to get sick and left it at that.

wanna know what her response was?  c'mon....you know you wanna know whats she said!

"thats why i only buy SAFE food that isnt organic.  i dont TRUST food that has nothing on it to protect it!"

O.o

ummm.

hmmm.

errrr.

i dont think i drank enough coffee yet to process this type of stupidity!

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FebPenguins
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:47 AM

confusedYep. Made sense to me!!

tansyflower
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:49 AM

i have heard of quite a few reasons to not buy organic (cost, availability) but i have never heard of someone thinking toxic chemicals are protective lol!

Quoting FebPenguins:

confusedYep. Made sense to me!!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:54 AM

UMMM ok thats stupid..e coli is not caused by not using pesticides its caused by processing...stupid people

tansyflower
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:55 AM

lol i really dont think she is the brightest crayon in the box. 

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

UMMM ok thats stupid..e coli is not caused by not using pesticides its caused by processing...stupid people

BaileysMom9
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Bahaha.  Yeah that's probably the most ignorant comment I've heard in a long time regarding organic food.  Wow.  I wouldn't even know what to say to that.

lactatingloon
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Hahaha I hear the baaaaa-ing of a government fed sheep, she's one of the flock and that's too bad
tansyflower
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:05 AM

honestly i couldnt even respond!!!  i came on here to laugh about it instead :)

you know when your kids say something really crazy and you think to yourself "wow i better remember that one!"  well this statement fits into that category.  every time i hear about a food recall from now on i will think of her and laugh my fanny off!

Quoting BaileysMom9:

Bahaha.  Yeah that's probably the most ignorant comment I've heard in a long time regarding organic food.  Wow.  I wouldn't even know what to say to that.

tansyflower
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:09 AM

well you can be sure she wont be one of my future customers hahaha :)

oh well, i will just have to sell my veggies to people who are smart enough to appreciate them!

Quoting lactatingloon:

Hahaha I hear the baaaaa-ing of a government fed sheep, she's one of the flock and that's too bad

BaileysMom9
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Haha, that's too funny.  Well you know what the say....

Ya can't fix stupid.  Plain and simple.  Some people are so set in their beliefs (ignorant as they may be) that you simply just can't fix that.  And no response would have convinced her that organic = safe LOL.  Still dumbfounded over this one.

Quoting tansyflower:

you know when your kids say something really crazy and you think to yourself "wow i better remember that one!"  well this statement fits into that category.  every time i hear about a food recall from now on i will think of her and laugh my fanny off!

Quoting BaileysMom9:

tansyflower
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:18 AM

its amazing how set in their ways people really can be!

my grandpa grew up in the age of DDT.  used it on his garden and orchard religously for YEARS.  as a child my mom remembered him dipping his hands and arms into it to fill up his hand sprayer.  when they started to outlaw it he bought up every 55 gallon drum of it he could get his hands on in order to make sure he would never run out.  guess who never got to use his stockpile because he died of a rare brain cancer caused by those same chemicals?  that would be him.  after he died my grandma sold the farm and she actually had to have a hazmat team come in to remove all the barrels to dispose of the stuff!  he had 22 full barrels left...its just sad.  he would probably still be alive today if he would have just understood how dangerous those chemicals really are :(

Quoting BaileysMom9:

Haha, that's too funny.  Well you know what the say....

Ya can't fix stupid.  Plain and simple.  Some people are so set in their beliefs (ignorant as they may be) that you simply just can't fix that.  And no response would have convinced her that organic = safe LOL.  Still dumbfounded over this one.

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting BaileysMom9:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)